- Formula: C2H3ClO2
- Molecular weight: 94.497
- IUPAC Standard InChI:
- Download the identifier in a file.
- IUPAC Standard InChIKey: XMJHPCRAQCTCFT-UHFFFAOYSA-N
- CAS Registry Number: 79-22-1
- Chemical structure:
This structure is also available as a 2d Mol file
- Other names: Carbonochloridic acid, methyl ester; Formic acid, chloro-, methyl ester; Chlorocarbonic acid, methyl ester; Methoxycarbonyl chloride; Methyl chlorocarbonate; Chloroformic acid methyl ester; Chlorameisensaeure methylester; Chlorocarbonate de methyle; Chloroformiate de methyle; MCF; Methylchloorformiaat; Methylester kyseliny chlormravenci; Methylester kyseliny chloruhlicite; Metilcloroformiato; Rcra waste number U156; TL 438; UN 1238
- Permanent link for this species. Use this link for bookmarking this species for future reference.
- Information on this page:
- Other data available:
- Data at other public NIST sites:
Data at NIST subscription sites:
NIST subscription sites provide data under the NIST Standard Reference Data Program, but require an annual fee to access. The purpose of the fee is to recover costs associated with the development of data collections included in such sites. Your institution may already be a subscriber. Follow the links above to find out more about the data in these sites and their terms of usage.
Phase change data
Go To: Top, Gas phase ion energetics data, Mass spectrum (electron ionization), References, Notes
Data compiled by: Robert L. Brown and Stephen E. Stein
|Tboil||343.7||K||N/A||Weast and Grasselli, 1989|
Gas phase ion energetics data
Go To: Top, Phase change data, Mass spectrum (electron ionization), References, Notes
Data compiled as indicated in comments:
LBLHLM - Sharon G. Lias, John E. Bartmess, Joel F. Liebman, John L. Holmes, Rhoda D. Levin, and W. Gary Mallard
RDSH - Henry M. Rosenstock, Keith Draxl, Bruce W. Steiner, and John T. Herron
Appearance energy determinations
|Ion||AE (eV)||Other Products||Method||Reference||Comment|
|CH3O+||11.42 ± 0.05||COCl||EI||Holmes and Lossing, 1984||LBLHLM|
|C2H3O2+||11.24 ± 0.05||Cl||EI||Blanchette, Holmes, et al., 1986||LBLHLM|
|C2H3O2+||11.78 ± 0.05||Cl||EI||Briggs and Shannon, 1969||RDSH|
Mass spectrum (electron ionization)
Go To: Top, Phase change data, Gas phase ion energetics data, References, Notes
Data compiled by: NIST Mass Spectrometry Data Center, William E. Wallace, director
Select a region with data to zoom. Select a region with no data or click the mouse on the plot to revert to the orginal display.
The following components were used in generating the plot:
- jQuery UI
- Plugins for Flot:
Use or mention of technologies or programs in this web site is not intended to imply recommendation or endorsement by the National Institute of Standards and Technology, nor is it intended to imply that these items are necessarily the best available for the purpose.
View image of digitized spectrum (can be printed in landscape orientation).
Download spectrum in JCAMP-DX format.
|Owner||NIST Mass Spectrometry Data Center|
Collection (C) 2014 copyright by the U.S. Secretary of Commerce
on behalf of the United States of America. All rights reserved.
|Origin||Japan AIST/NIMC Database- Spectrum MS-NW- 865|
|NIST MS number||228860|
Go To: Top, Phase change data, Gas phase ion energetics data, Mass spectrum (electron ionization), Notes
Weast and Grasselli, 1989
CRC Handbook of Data on Organic Compounds, 2nd Editon, Weast,R.C and Grasselli, J.G., ed(s)., CRC Press, Inc., Boca Raton, FL, 1989, 1. [all data]
Holmes and Lossing, 1984
Holmes, J.L.; Lossing, F.P., Heats of formation of organic radicals from appearance energies, Int. J. Mass Spectrom. Ion Processes, 1984, 58, 113. [all data]
Blanchette, Holmes, et al., 1986
Blanchette, M.C.; Holmes, J.L.; Hop, C.E.C.A.; Lossing, F.P.; Postma, R.; Ruttink, P.J.A.; Terlouw, J.K., Theory and experiment in concert; the CH3O-C=O+ ion and its isomers, J. Am. Chem. Soc., 1986, 108, 7589. [all data]
Briggs and Shannon, 1969
Briggs, P.R.; Shannon, T.W., The heat of formation of the methoxycarbonyl ion, J. Am. Chem. Soc., 1969, 91, 4307. [all data]
Go To: Top, Phase change data, Gas phase ion energetics data, Mass spectrum (electron ionization), References
- Symbols used in this document:
AE Appearance energy Tboil Boiling point
- Data from NIST Standard Reference Database 69: NIST Chemistry WebBook
- The National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST) uses its best efforts to deliver a high quality copy of the Database and to verify that the data contained therein have been selected on the basis of sound scientific judgment. However, NIST makes no warranties to that effect, and NIST shall not be liable for any damage that may result from errors or omissions in the Database.
- Customer support for NIST Standard Reference Data products.