Acetic acid, methyl ester
- Formula: C3H6O2
- Molecular weight: 74.0785
- IUPAC Standard InChI:
- Download the identifier in a file.
- IUPAC Standard InChIKey: KXKVLQRXCPHEJC-UHFFFAOYSA-N
- CAS Registry Number: 79-20-9
- Chemical structure:
This structure is also available as a 2d Mol file or as a computed 3d SD file
- Other names: Methyl acetate; Devoton; Tereton; CH3COOCH3; Methyl ethanoate; Acetate de methyle; Methyl acetic ester; Methylacetaat; Methylacetat; Methyle (acetate de); Methylester kiseliny octove; Metile (acetato di); Ethyl ester of monoacetic acid; UN 1231; Methyl ester of acetic acid; NSC 405071
- Permanent link for this species. Use this link for bookmarking this species for future reference.
- Information on this page:
- Other data available:
- Data at other public NIST sites:
Data at NIST subscription sites:
- NIST / TRC Web Thermo Tables, "lite" edition (thermophysical and thermochemical data)
- NIST / TRC Web Thermo Tables, professional edition (thermophysical and thermochemical data)
NIST subscription sites provide data under the NIST Standard Reference Data Program, but require an annual fee to access. The purpose of the fee is to recover costs associated with the development of data collections included in such sites. Your institution may already be a subscriber. Follow the links above to find out more about the data in these sites and their terms of usage.
Van Den Dool and Kratz RI, polar column, custom temperature program
Go To: Top, References, Notes
Data compiled by: NIST Mass Spectrometry Data Center, William E. Wallace, director
|Column length (m)||30.||30.||30.|
|Column diameter (mm)||0.25||0.25||0.25|
|Phase thickness (m)||0.25||0.25||0.25|
|Program||35C(8min) => 4C/min => 60C => 6C/min => 160C => 20C/min => 220C(1min)||35C(8min) => 4C/min => 60C => 6C/min => 160C => 20C/min => 200C(1min)||35C(8min) => 4C/min => 60C => 6C/min => 160C => 20C/min => 200C(1min)|
|Reference||Bianchi, Cantoni, et al., 2007||Bianchi, Careri, et al., 2007||Bianchi, Careri, et al., 2007|
Go To: Top, Van Den Dool and Kratz RI, polar column, custom temperature program, Notes
Bianchi, Cantoni, et al., 2007
Bianchi, F.; Cantoni, C.; Careri, M.; Chiesa, L.; Musci, M.; Pinna, A., Characterization of the aromatic profile for the authentication and differentiation of typical Italian dry-sausages, Talanta, 2007, 72, 4, 1552-1563, https://doi.org/10.1016/j.talanta.2007.02.019 . [all data]
Bianchi, Careri, et al., 2007
Bianchi, F.; Careri, M.; Mangia, A.; Musci, M., Retention indices in the analysis of food aroma volatile compounds in temperature-programmed gas chromatography: Database creation and evaluation of precision and robustness, J. Sep. Sci., 2007, 39, 4, 563-572, https://doi.org/10.1002/jssc.200600393 . [all data]
Go To: Top, Van Den Dool and Kratz RI, polar column, custom temperature program, References
- Data from NIST Standard Reference Database 69: NIST Chemistry WebBook
- The National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST) uses its best efforts to deliver a high quality copy of the Database and to verify that the data contained therein have been selected on the basis of sound scientific judgment. However, NIST makes no warranties to that effect, and NIST shall not be liable for any damage that may result from errors or omissions in the Database.
- Customer support for NIST Standard Reference Data products.