- Formula: C4H10O
- Molecular weight: 74.1216
- IUPAC Standard InChI:
- Download the identifier in a file.
- IUPAC Standard InChIKey: BTANRVKWQNVYAZ-UHFFFAOYSA-N
- CAS Registry Number: 78-92-2
- Chemical structure:
This structure is also available as a 2d Mol file or as a computed 3d SD file
- Species with the same structure:
- Other names: sec-Butyl Alcohol; sec-Butanol; CCS 301; Ethyl methyl carbinol; Methyl ethyl carbinol; 1-Methyl-1-propanol; 1-Methylpropyl alcohol; 2-Hydroxybutane; sec-C4H9OH; Butane, 2-hydroxy-; Butanol-2; Butan-2-ol; 2-Butyl alcohol; s-Butyl alcohol; Butylene hydrate; DL-sec-Butanol; DL-2-Butanol; Alcool butylique secondaire; Butanol secondaire; s-Butanol; 1-Methyl propanol; n-Butan-2-ol; NSC 25499
- Information on this page:
- Other data available:
- Data at other public NIST sites:
Data at NIST subscription sites:
- NIST / TRC Web Thermo Tables, "lite" edition (thermophysical and thermochemical data)
- NIST / TRC Web Thermo Tables, professional edition (thermophysical and thermochemical data)
NIST subscription sites provide data under the NIST Standard Reference Data Program, but require an annual fee to access. The purpose of the fee is to recover costs associated with the development of data collections included in such sites. Your institution may already be a subscriber. Follow the links above to find out more about the data in these sites and their terms of usage.
Ion clustering data
Go To: Top, References, Notes
Data compiled by: Robert C. Dunbar
Note: Please consider using the reaction search for this species. This page allows searching of all reactions involving this species. Searches may be limited to ion clustering reactions. A general reaction search form is also available.
+ = ( )
By formula: Li+ + C4H10O = (Li+ C4H10O)
|rH°||174. ± 9.2||kJ/mol||CIDT||Rodgers and Armentrout, 2000|
+ = ( )
By formula: Na+ + C4H10O = (Na+ C4H10O)
|rH°||117. ± 5.0||kJ/mol||CIDT||Rodgers and Armentrout, 1999|
Go To: Top, Ion clustering data, Notes
Rodgers and Armentrout, 2000
Rodgers, M.T.; Armentrout, P.B., Noncovalent Metal-Ligand Bond Energies as Studied by Threshold Collision-Induced Dissociation, Mass Spectrom. Rev., 2000, 19, 4, 215, https://doi.org/10.1002/1098-2787(200007)19:4<215::AID-MAS2>3.0.CO;2-X . [all data]
Rodgers and Armentrout, 1999
Rodgers, M.T.; Armentrout, P.B., Absolute Binding Energies of Sodium Ions to Short-Chain Alcohols, CnH2n+2O, n=1-4, Determined by Threshold Collision-Induced Dissociation Experiments and Ab Initio Theory, 1999, 4955. [all data]
Go To: Top, Ion clustering data, References
- Symbols used in this document:
rH° Enthalpy of reaction at standard conditions
- Data from NIST Standard Reference Database 69: NIST Chemistry WebBook
- The National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST) uses its best efforts to deliver a high quality copy of the Database and to verify that the data contained therein have been selected on the basis of sound scientific judgment. However, NIST makes no warranties to that effect, and NIST shall not be liable for any damage that may result from errors or omissions in the Database.
- Customer support for NIST Standard Reference Data products.