- Formula: FNO
- Molecular weight: 49.0045
- IUPAC Standard InChI:
- Download the identifier in a file.
- IUPAC Standard InChIKey: ZEIYBPGWHWECHV-UHFFFAOYSA-N
- CAS Registry Number: 7789-25-5
- Chemical structure:
This structure is also available as a 2d Mol file or as a computed 3d SD file
- Permanent link for this species. Use this link for bookmarking this species for future reference.
- Information on this page:
- Data at other public NIST sites:
Data at NIST subscription sites:
NIST subscription sites provide data under the NIST Standard Reference Data Program, but require an annual fee to access. The purpose of the fee is to recover costs associated with the development of data collections included in such sites. Your institution may already be a subscriber. Follow the links above to find out more about the data in these sites and their terms of usage.
Gas phase thermochemistry data
Go To: Top, Gas phase ion energetics data, References, Notes
Data compilation copyright by the U.S. Secretary of Commerce on behalf of the U.S.A. All rights reserved.
|fH°gas||-15.70||kcal/mol||Review||Chase, 1998||Data last reviewed in June, 1961|
|S°gas,1 bar||59.293||cal/mol*K||Review||Chase, 1998||Data last reviewed in June, 1961|
Gas Phase Heat Capacity (Shomate Equation)
Cp° = A + B*t + C*t2 + D*t3 +
H° − H°298.15= A*t + B*t2/2 + C*t3/3 + D*t4/4 − E/t + F − H
S° = A*ln(t) + B*t + C*t2/2 + D*t3/3 − E/(2*t2) + G
Cp = heat capacity (cal/mol*K)
H° = standard enthalpy (kcal/mol)
S° = standard entropy (cal/mol*K)
t = temperature (K) / 1000.
|Temperature (K)||298. - 1000.||1000. - 6000.|
|Reference||Chase, 1998||Chase, 1998|
|Comment||Data last reviewed in June, 1961||Data last reviewed in June, 1961|
Gas phase ion energetics data
Go To: Top, Gas phase thermochemistry data, References, Notes
Data evaluated as indicated in comments:
L - Sharon G. Lias
Data compiled as indicated in comments:
LLK - Sharon G. Lias, Rhoda D. Levin, and Sherif A. Kafafi
RDSH - Henry M. Rosenstock, Keith Draxl, Bruce W. Steiner, and John T. Herron
|IE (evaluated)||12.65 ± 0.05||eV||N/A||N/A||L|
Ionization energy determinations
|12.63 ± 0.03||PE||Alderdice and Dixon, 1977||LLK|
|12.66||PE||Frost, Lee, et al., 1975||LLK|
Appearance energy determinations
|Ion||AE (eV)||Other Products||Method||Reference||Comment|
|NO+||11.6 ± 0.2||F||EI||Cristy and Mamantov, 1970||RDSH|
Go To: Top, Gas phase thermochemistry data, Gas phase ion energetics data, Notes
Chase, M.W., Jr., NIST-JANAF Themochemical Tables, Fourth Edition, J. Phys. Chem. Ref. Data, Monograph 9, 1998, 1-1951. [all data]
Alderdice and Dixon, 1977
Alderdice, D.S.; Dixon, R.N., Photoelectron spectra of nitrosyl halides, J. Chem. Soc. Faraday Trans. 2, 1977, 73, 245. [all data]
Frost, Lee, et al., 1975
Frost, D.C.; Lee, S.T.; McDowell, C.A.; Westwood, N.P.C., Photoelectron spectroscopic studies of some nitrosyl and nitryl halides nitric acid, J. Electron Spectrosc. Relat. Phenom., 1975, 7, 331. [all data]
Cristy and Mamantov, 1970
Cristy, S.S.; Mamantov, G., Cryogenic mass spectrometry of reactive fluorine-containing species. I. The mass spectra of sulfur hexafluoride, chlorine trifluoride, chlorine monofluoride, nitrosyl fluoride and tetrafluorohydrazine, Intern. J. Mass Spectrom. Ion Phys., 1970, 5, 309. [all data]
Go To: Top, Gas phase thermochemistry data, Gas phase ion energetics data, References
- Symbols used in this document:
AE Appearance energy IE (evaluated) Recommended ionization energy S°gas,1 bar Entropy of gas at standard conditions (1 bar) fH°gas Enthalpy of formation of gas at standard conditions
- Data from NIST Standard Reference Database 69: NIST Chemistry WebBook
- The National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST) uses its best efforts to deliver a high quality copy of the Database and to verify that the data contained therein have been selected on the basis of sound scientific judgment. However, NIST makes no warranties to that effect, and NIST shall not be liable for any damage that may result from errors or omissions in the Database.
- Customer support for NIST Standard Reference Data products.