- Formula: F4Ge
- Molecular weight: 148.63
- IUPAC Standard InChI:
- Download the identifier in a file.
- IUPAC Standard InChIKey: PPMWWXLUCOODDK-UHFFFAOYSA-N
- CAS Registry Number: 7783-58-6
- Chemical structure:
This structure is also available as a 2d Mol file or as a computed 3d SD file
- Other names: Germanium tetrafluoride
- Permanent link for this species. Use this link for bookmarking this species for future reference.
- Information on this page:
- Other data available:
- Data at other public NIST sites:
Ion clustering data
Go To: Top, References, Notes
Data compiled by: John E. Bartmess
Note: Please consider using the reaction search for this species. This page allows searching of all reactions involving this species. Searches may be limited to ion clustering reactions. A general reaction search form is also available.
+ = ( )
By formula: F- + F4Ge = (F- F4Ge)
|rH°||418. ± 29.||kJ/mol||Ther||Mallouk, Rosenthal, et al., 1984||gas phase; Fluoride affinities from this method appear to be consistently about 10 kcal/mol too bound|
|rH°||>404.6||kJ/mol||IMRB||Harland, Cradock, et al., 1972||gas phase|
Go To: Top, Ion clustering data, Notes
Mallouk, Rosenthal, et al., 1984
Mallouk, T.E.; Rosenthal, G.L.; Muller, G.; Brusasco, R.; Bartlett, N., Fluoride ion affinities of GeF4 and BF4 from thermodynamic and structural data for (SF2)2GeF6, ClO2GeF5, and ClO2BF4, Inorg. Chem., 1984, 23, 3167. [all data]
Harland, Cradock, et al., 1972
Harland, P.W.; Cradock, S.; Thynne, J.C.J., Positive- and negative-ion formation due to the electron bombardment of germanium tetrafluoride, Int. J. Mass Spectrom. Ion Phys., 1972, 10, 169. [all data]
Go To: Top, Ion clustering data, References
- Symbols used in this document:
rH° Enthalpy of reaction at standard conditions
- Data from NIST Standard Reference Database 69: NIST Chemistry WebBook
- The National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST) uses its best efforts to deliver a high quality copy of the Database and to verify that the data contained therein have been selected on the basis of sound scientific judgment. However, NIST makes no warranties to that effect, and NIST shall not be liable for any damage that may result from errors or omissions in the Database.
- Customer support for NIST Standard Reference Data products.