- Formula: F2OS
- Molecular weight: 86.061
- IUPAC Standard InChI:
- Download the identifier in a file.
- IUPAC Standard InChIKey: LSJNBGSOIVSBBR-UHFFFAOYSA-N
- CAS Registry Number: 7783-42-8
- Chemical structure:
This structure is also available as a 2d Mol file or as a computed 3d SD file
- Other names: Sulfur difluoride oxide; Sulfurous oxyfluoride; Thionyl difluoride; SOF2; Fluorure de thionyle; Sulfur difluoride monoxide; OSF2
- Permanent link for this species. Use this link for bookmarking this species for future reference.
- Information on this page:
- Other data available:
- Data at other public NIST sites:
Phase change data
Go To: Top, References, Notes
Data compilation copyright by the U.S. Secretary of Commerce on behalf of the U.S.A. All rights reserved.
Data compiled as indicated in comments:
BS - Robert L. Brown and Stephen E. Stein
AC - William E. Acree, Jr., James S. Chickos
|Tboil||230. - 235.||K||N/A||PCR Inc., 1990||BS|
Enthalpy of vaporization
|vapH (kJ/mol)||Temperature (K)||Reference||Comment|
|23.7||188.||Dykyj, Svoboda, et al., 1999||Based on data from 173. - 244. K.; AC|
Antoine Equation Parameters
log10(P) = A − (B / (T + C))
P = vapor pressure (bar)
T = temperature (K)
|174.42 - 229.1||3.80303||676.1||-50.852||Pace and Turnbull, 1965||Coefficents calculated by NIST from author's data.|
Go To: Top, Phase change data, Notes
PCR Inc., 1990
PCR Inc., Research Chemicals Catalog 1990-1991, PCR Inc., Gainesville, FL, 1990, 1. [all data]
Dykyj, Svoboda, et al., 1999
Dykyj, J.; Svoboda, J.; Wilhoit, R.C.; Frenkel, M.L.; Hall, K.R., Vapor Pressure of Chemicals: Part A. Vapor Pressure and Antoine Constants for Hydrocarbons and Sulfur, Selenium, Tellurium and Hydrogen Containing Organic Compounds, Springer, Berlin, 1999, 373. [all data]
Pace and Turnbull, 1965
Pace, E.L.; Turnbull, B.F., Thermodynamic Properties of Thionyl Fluoride from 13 ºK to its Boiling Point Entropy from Molecular and Spectroscopic Data, J. Chem. Phys., 1965, 43, 6, 1953-1957, https://doi.org/10.1063/1.1697059 . [all data]
Go To: Top, Phase change data, References
- Symbols used in this document:
Tboil Boiling point vapH Enthalpy of vaporization
- Data from NIST Standard Reference Database 69: NIST Chemistry WebBook
- The National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST) uses its best efforts to deliver a high quality copy of the Database and to verify that the data contained therein have been selected on the basis of sound scientific judgment. However, NIST makes no warranties to that effect, and NIST shall not be liable for any damage that may result from errors or omissions in the Database.
- Customer support for NIST Standard Reference Data products.