- Formula: C10H12
- Molecular weight: 132.2023
- IUPAC Standard InChI:
- Download the identifier in a file.
- IUPAC Standard InChIKey: HECLRDQVFMWTQS-BMNUFHGDSA-N
- CAS Registry Number: 77-73-6
- Chemical structure:
This structure is also available as a 2d Mol file or as a computed 3d SD file
- Other names: 4,7-Methano-1H-indene, 3a,4,7,7a-tetrahydro-; 4,7-Methanoindene, 3a,4,7,7a-tetrahydro-; Bicyclopentadiene; Bis[cyclopentadiene]; Cyclopentadiene dimer; 3a,4,7,7a-Tetrahydro-4,7-methanoindene; 3a,4,7,7a-Tetrahydro-4,7-methano-1H-indene; Tricyclo[5.2.1.02,6]deca-3,8-diene; 1,3-Cyclopentadiene, dimer; Dicyklopentadien; Dimer cyklopentadienu; UN 2048; NSC 7352; Tricyclo[184.108.40.206<2,6>]deca-3,8-diene
- Permanent link for this species. Use this link for bookmarking this species for future reference.
- Information on this page:
- Other data available:
- Data at other public NIST sites:
Data at NIST subscription sites:
NIST subscription sites provide data under the NIST Standard Reference Data Program, but require an annual fee to access. The purpose of the fee is to recover costs associated with the development of data collections included in such sites. Your institution may already be a subscriber. Follow the links above to find out more about the data in these sites and their terms of usage.
Phase change data
Go To: Top, References, Notes
Data compilation copyright by the U.S. Secretary of Commerce on behalf of the U.S.A. All rights reserved.
Data compiled as indicated in comments:
BS - Robert L. Brown and Stephen E. Stein
TRC - Thermodynamics Research Center, NIST Boulder Laboratories, Kenneth Kroenlein director
AC - William E. Acree, Jr., James S. Chickos
|Tboil||443.2||K||N/A||Aldrich Chemical Company Inc., 1990||BS|
|Tboil||359.2||K||N/A||Kistiakowsky, Ruhoff, et al., 1936||Uncertainty assigned by TRC = 50. K; this value inconsistent with other reported values; TRC|
|Tfus||306.8||K||N/A||Kistiakowsky, Ruhoff, et al., 1936||Uncertainty assigned by TRC = 0.5 K; Note: the boiling point reported for this compound was incorrect; TRC|
|Tfus||305.||K||N/A||Stobbe and Reuss, 1912||Uncertainty assigned by TRC = 4. K; TRC|
|Ttriple||304.8||K||N/A||Lebedev and Lityagov, 1977||Crystal phase 1 phase; Uncertainty assigned by TRC = 0.2 K; TRC|
Enthalpy of vaporization
|vapH (kJ/mol)||Temperature (K)||Reference||Comment|
|42.4||322.||Stull, 1947||Based on data from 307. - 440. K.; AC|
Go To: Top, Phase change data, Notes
Aldrich Chemical Company Inc., 1990
Aldrich Chemical Company Inc., Catalog Handbook of Fine Chemicals, Aldrich Chemical Company, Inc., Milwaukee WI, 1990, 1. [all data]
Kistiakowsky, Ruhoff, et al., 1936
Kistiakowsky, G.B.; Ruhoff, J.R.; Smith, H.A.; Vaughan, W.E., Heats of Organic Reactions IV. Hydrogenation of Some Dienes and of Benzene, J. Am. Chem. Soc., 1936, 58, 146-53. [all data]
Stobbe and Reuss, 1912
Stobbe, H.; Reuss, F., Polymerization of Cyclopentadienes, Justus Liebigs Ann. Chem., 1912, 391, 151. [all data]
Lebedev and Lityagov, 1977
Lebedev, B.V.; Lityagov, V.Ya., Thermodynamics of polypentenamer synthesis reactions crystalline polytetrahydrofuran at 0 K, Vysokomol. Soedin., Ser. B, 1977, 19, 558. [all data]
Stull, Daniel R., Vapor Pressure of Pure Substances. Organic and Inorganic Compounds, Ind. Eng. Chem., 1947, 39, 4, 517-540, https://doi.org/10.1021/ie50448a022 . [all data]
Go To: Top, Phase change data, References
- Symbols used in this document:
Tboil Boiling point Tfus Fusion (melting) point Ttriple Triple point temperature vapH Enthalpy of vaporization
- Data from NIST Standard Reference Database 69: NIST Chemistry WebBook
- The National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST) uses its best efforts to deliver a high quality copy of the Database and to verify that the data contained therein have been selected on the basis of sound scientific judgment. However, NIST makes no warranties to that effect, and NIST shall not be liable for any damage that may result from errors or omissions in the Database.
- Customer support for NIST Standard Reference Data products.