- Formula: Na2O4S
- Molecular weight: 142.042
- IUPAC Standard InChI:
- Download the identifier in a file.
- IUPAC Standard InChIKey: PMZURENOXWZQFD-UHFFFAOYSA-L
- CAS Registry Number: 7757-82-6
- Chemical structure:
This structure is also available as a 2d Mol file
- Species with the same structure:
- Other names: Sulfuric acid, sodium salt; Sulfuric acid sodium salt (1:2); Sodium sulfate
- Information on this page:
- Other data available:
- Data at other public NIST sites:
Data at NIST subscription sites:
NIST subscription sites provide data under the NIST Standard Reference Data Program, but require an annual fee to access. The purpose of the fee is to recover costs associated with the development of data collections included in such sites. Your institution may already be a subscriber. Follow the links above to find out more about the data in these sites and their terms of usage.
Reaction thermochemistry data
Go To: Top, References, Notes
Data compilation copyright by the U.S. Secretary of Commerce on behalf of the U.S.A. All rights reserved.
Data compiled by: José A. Martinho Simões
Note: Please consider using the reaction search for this species. This page allows searching of all reactions involving this species. A general reaction search form is also available. Future versions of this site may rely on reaction search pages in place of the enumerated reaction displays seen below.
C2H5NaO (cr) + 0.5( 1100) (solution) = (solution) + 0.5 (solution)
By formula: C2H5NaO (cr) + 0.5(H2O4S 1100H2O) (solution) = C2H6O (solution) + 0.5Na2O4S (solution)
|rH°||-28.30 ± 0.91||kcal/mol||RSC||Blanchard, Joly, et al., 1974||solvent: Sulphuric acid aqueous solution; The reaction enthalpy relies on -2.53 kcal/mol for the enthalpy of solution of EtOH(l) and on 9.97±0.04 for the enthalpy of solution of Na2SO4(cr) Blanchard, Joly, et al., 1974. A value of -117.3 ± 1.4 kcal/mol was derived in Blanchard, Joly, et al., 1974 for the enthalpy of formation. However, this value is affected by a calculation error. Also, the authors have not accounted for the acid dilution (this correction could not be made in the present database, due to lack of information). These problems were also noted in the data compilations Tel'noi and Rabinovich, 1980 and Wagman, Evans W.H., et al., 1982, where the values quoted for the enthalpy of formation, which rely on the experimental data reported in Blanchard, Joly, et al., 1974, are -98.0 ± 1.0 kcal/mol and -98.90 kcal/mol, respectively. See also comments in Liebman, Martinho Simões, et al., 1995|
Go To: Top, Reaction thermochemistry data, Notes
Blanchard, Joly, et al., 1974
Blanchard, J.M.; Joly, R.D.; Lettoffe, J.M.; Perachon, G.; Thourey, J., J. Chim. Phys. Phys.-Chim. Biol., 1974, 71, 472. [all data]
Tel'noi and Rabinovich, 1980
Tel'noi, V.I.; Rabinovich, I.B., Russ. Chem. Rev., 1980, 49, 603. [all data]
Wagman, Evans W.H., et al., 1982
Wagman, D.D.; Evans W.H.; Parker, V.B.; Schumm, R.H.; Halow, I.; Bailey, S.M.; Churney, K.L.; Nuttall, R.L., The NBS Tables of Chemical Thermodynamic Properties; J. Phys. Chem. Ref. Data, 1982, 11, Suppl. 2. [all data]
Liebman, Martinho Simões, et al., 1995
Liebman, J.F.; Martinho Simões, J.A.; Slayden, S.W., In Lithium Chemistry: A Theoretical and Experimental Overview Wiley: New York, Sapse, A.-M.; Schleyer, P. von Ragué, ed(s)., 1995. [all data]
Go To: Top, Reaction thermochemistry data, References
- Symbols used in this document:
rH° Enthalpy of reaction at standard conditions
- Data from NIST Standard Reference Database 69: NIST Chemistry WebBook
- The National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST) uses its best efforts to deliver a high quality copy of the Database and to verify that the data contained therein have been selected on the basis of sound scientific judgment. However, NIST makes no warranties to that effect, and NIST shall not be liable for any damage that may result from errors or omissions in the Database.
- Customer support for NIST Standard Reference Data products.