- Formula: ClD
- Molecular weight: 37.467
- IUPAC Standard InChI:
- Download the identifier in a file.
- IUPAC Standard InChIKey: VEXZGXHMUGYJMC-DYCDLGHISA-N
- CAS Registry Number: 7698-05-7
- Chemical structure:
This structure is also available as a 2d Mol file or as a computed 3d SD file
- Other names: [2H]hydrogen chloride
- Permanent link for this species. Use this link for bookmarking this species for future reference.
- Information on this page:
- Other data available:
- Data at other public NIST sites:
Data at NIST subscription sites:
NIST subscription sites provide data under the NIST Standard Reference Data Program, but require an annual fee to access. The purpose of the fee is to recover costs associated with the development of data collections included in such sites. Your institution may already be a subscriber. Follow the links above to find out more about the data in these sites and their terms of usage.
Gas phase thermochemistry data
Go To: Top, Reaction thermochemistry data, References, Notes
Data compilation copyright by the U.S. Secretary of Commerce on behalf of the U.S.A. All rights reserved.
|fH°gas||-93.35||kJ/mol||Review||Chase, 1998||Data last reviewed in June, 1977|
|S°gas,1 bar||192.74||J/mol*K||Review||Chase, 1998||Data last reviewed in June, 1977|
Gas Phase Heat Capacity (Shomate Equation)
Cp° = A + B*t + C*t2 + D*t3 +
H° − H°298.15= A*t + B*t2/2 + C*t3/3 + D*t4/4 − E/t + F − H
S° = A*ln(t) + B*t + C*t2/2 + D*t3/3 − E/(2*t2) + G
Cp = heat capacity (J/mol*K)
H° = standard enthalpy (kJ/mol)
S° = standard entropy (J/mol*K)
t = temperature (K) / 1000.
|Temperature (K)||298. - 1300.||1300. - 6000.|
|Reference||Chase, 1998||Chase, 1998|
|Comment||Data last reviewed in June, 1977||Data last reviewed in June, 1977|
Reaction thermochemistry data
Go To: Top, Gas phase thermochemistry data, References, Notes
Data compiled by: Michael M. Meot-Ner (Mautner) and Sharon G. Lias
Note: Please consider using the reaction search for this species. This page allows searching of all reactions involving this species. A general reaction search form is also available. Future versions of this site may rely on reaction search pages in place of the enumerated reaction displays seen below.
+ = ( )
By formula: Cl- + DCl = (Cl- DCl)
Bond type: Hydrogen bond (negative ion to hydride)
Free energy of reaction
|rG° (kJ/mol)||T (K)||Method||Reference||Comment|
|70.3||300.||ICR||Larson and McMahon, 1987||gas phase; switching reaction(Cl-)HCl; Caldwell and Kebarle, 1985|
Go To: Top, Gas phase thermochemistry data, Reaction thermochemistry data, Notes
Chase, M.W., Jr., NIST-JANAF Themochemical Tables, Fourth Edition, J. Phys. Chem. Ref. Data, Monograph 9, 1998, 1-1951. [all data]
Larson and McMahon, 1987
Larson, J.W.; McMahon, T.B., Isotope Effects in Proton Transfer Reactions. An Ion Cyclotron Resonance Determination of the Equilibrium Deuterium Isotope Effect in the Bichloride Ion, J. Phys. Chem., 1987, 91, 3, 554, https://doi.org/10.1021/j100287a013 . [all data]
Caldwell and Kebarle, 1985
Caldwell, G.; Kebarle, P., The hydrogen bond energies of the bihalide ions XHX- and YHX-, Can. J. Chem., 1985, 63, 1399. [all data]
Go To: Top, Gas phase thermochemistry data, Reaction thermochemistry data, References
- Symbols used in this document:
S°gas,1 bar Entropy of gas at standard conditions (1 bar) T Temperature fH°gas Enthalpy of formation of gas at standard conditions rG° Free energy of reaction at standard conditions
- Data from NIST Standard Reference Database 69: NIST Chemistry WebBook
- The National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST) uses its best efforts to deliver a high quality copy of the Database and to verify that the data contained therein have been selected on the basis of sound scientific judgment. However, NIST makes no warranties to that effect, and NIST shall not be liable for any damage that may result from errors or omissions in the Database.
- Customer support for NIST Standard Reference Data products.