- Formula: H2O4S
- Molecular weight: 98.078
- IUPAC Standard InChI:
- Download the identifier in a file.
- IUPAC Standard InChIKey: QAOWNCQODCNURD-UHFFFAOYSA-N
- CAS Registry Number: 7664-93-9
- Chemical structure:
This structure is also available as a 2d Mol file or as a computed 3d SD file
- Other names: H2SO4; Dipping acid; Hydrogen sulfate; Oil of vitriol; Sulphuric acid; Acide sulfurique; Acido solforico; BOV; Matting acid; Nordhausen acid; Schwefelsaeureloesungen; Vitriol brown oil; Vitriol, oil of; Zwavelzuuroplossingen; O2S(OH)2; Battery acid; Electrolyte acid; Spirit of alum; Spirit of vitriol; Dihydrogen sulfate; Mattling acid; UN 1830 (Salt/Mix); UN 1832 (Salt/Mix); UN 2796 (Salt/Mix)
- Permanent link for this species. Use this link for bookmarking this species for future reference.
- Information on this page:
- Other data available:
- Data at other public NIST sites:
Data at NIST subscription sites:
Gas Phase Heat Capacity (Shomate Equation)
Go To: Top, References, Notes
Cp° = A + B*t + C*t2 + D*t3 +
H° − H°298.15= A*t + B*t2/2 + C*t3/3 + D*t4/4 − E/t + F − H
S° = A*ln(t) + B*t + C*t2/2 + D*t3/3 − E/(2*t2) + G
Cp = heat capacity (J/mol*K)
H° = standard enthalpy (kJ/mol)
S° = standard entropy (J/mol*K)
t = temperature (K) / 1000.
|Temperature (K)||298. - 1200.||1200. - 6000.|
|Reference||Chase, 1998||Chase, 1998|
|Comment||Data last reviewed in September, 1977||Data last reviewed in September, 1977|
Select a region with data to zoom. Select a region with no data or click the mouse on the plot to revert to the orginal display.
Moving the mouse pointer over or near a point will display the coordinates of the point. The number of digits shown do not reflect the uncertainty of the value.
On newer browsers the following keyboard commands are supported:
|L||Toggle log-log display if possible.|
|S||Toggle semilog (log Y) display if possible.|
|K||Move / hide legend (key). Repeated presses of this key will posiiton the legend in the following sequence: upper left, upper right, lower right, lower left, hidden.|
Click in or tab to the plot area to enable keyboard commands.
The following components were used in generating the plot:
- jQuery UI
- Plugins for Flot:
Additonal code used was developed at NIST: plot-data.js.
Use or mention of technologies or programs in this web site is not intended to imply recommendation or endorsement by the National Institute of Standards and Technology, nor is it intended to imply that these items are necessarily the best available for the purpose.
Go To: Top, Gas Phase Heat Capacity (Shomate Equation), Notes
Chase, M.W., Jr., NIST-JANAF Themochemical Tables, Fourth Edition, J. Phys. Chem. Ref. Data, Monograph 9, 1998, 1-1951. [all data]
Go To: Top, Gas Phase Heat Capacity (Shomate Equation), References
- Data from NIST Standard Reference Database 69: NIST Chemistry WebBook
- Customer support for NIST Standard Reference Data products.