NOTICE: Due to scheduled maintenance at our Gaithersburg campus, this site will not be available from 5:00 pm EDT (21:00 UTC) on Friday October 25 until 5:00 pm (21:00 UTC) on Sunday October 27. We apologize for any inconvenience this outage may cause.
- Formula: C6H6O3
- Molecular weight: 126.1100
- IUPAC Standard InChI:
- Download the identifier in a file.
- IUPAC Standard InChIKey: MFGALGYVFGDXIX-UHFFFAOYSA-N
- CAS Registry Number: 766-39-2
- Chemical structure:
This structure is also available as a 2d Mol file or as a computed 3d SD file
- Other names: Maleic anhydride, dimethyl-; Dimethylmaleic acid anhydride; Dimethylmaleic anhydride; Pyrocinchonic anhydride; 2,3-Dimethylmaleic anhydride; 3,4-Dimethyl-2,5-furandione; «alpha»,«beta»-Dimethylmaleic anhydride; Anhydride of dimethylmaleic acid; 3,4-Dimethyl-2,5-furanedione; NSC 92512
- Permanent link for this species. Use this link for bookmarking this species for future reference.
- Information on this page:
- Other data available:
Van Den Dool and Kratz RI, polar column, temperature ramp
Go To: Top, References, Notes
Data compilation copyright by the U.S. Secretary of Commerce on behalf of the U.S.A. All rights reserved.
Data compiled by: NIST Mass Spectrometry Data Center, William E. Wallace, director
|Active phase||Carbowax 20M|
|Column length (m)||50.|
|Column diameter (mm)||0.32|
|Phase thickness (m)|
|Heat rate (K/min)||2.|
|Initial hold (min)||5.|
|Final hold (min)||40.|
|Reference||Chen, Kuo, et al., 1986|
Go To: Top, Van Den Dool and Kratz RI, polar column, temperature ramp, Notes
Chen, Kuo, et al., 1986
Chen, C.-C.; Kuo, M.-C.; Liu, S.-E.; Wu, C.-M., Volatile components of salted and pickled prunes (Prunus mume Sieb. et Zucc.), J. Agric. Food Chem., 1986, 34, 1, 140-144, https://doi.org/10.1021/jf00067a038 . [all data]
Go To: Top, Van Den Dool and Kratz RI, polar column, temperature ramp, References
- Symbols used in this document:
Tend Final temperature Tstart Initial temperature
- Data from NIST Standard Reference Database 69: NIST Chemistry WebBook
- The National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST) uses its best efforts to deliver a high quality copy of the Database and to verify that the data contained therein have been selected on the basis of sound scientific judgment. However, NIST makes no warranties to that effect, and NIST shall not be liable for any damage that may result from errors or omissions in the Database.
- Customer support for NIST Standard Reference Data products.