- Formula: C2HCl5
- Molecular weight: 202.294
- IUPAC Standard InChI:
- Download the identifier in a file.
- IUPAC Standard InChIKey: BNIXVQGCZULYKV-UHFFFAOYSA-N
- CAS Registry Number: 76-01-7
- Chemical structure:
This structure is also available as a 2d Mol file or as a computed 3d SD file
- Other names: Pentachloroethane; Pentalin; CHCl2CCl3; Ethane pentachloride; NCI-C53894; Pentachloorethaan; Pentachloraethan; Pentachlorethane; Pentacloroetano; Rcra waste number U184; UN 1669; Pentaline; Ethane, 1,1,1,2,2-pentachloro-
- Permanent link for this species. Use this link for bookmarking this species for future reference.
- Information on this page:
- Other data available:
- Data at other public NIST sites:
Data at NIST subscription sites:
NIST subscription sites provide data under the NIST Standard Reference Data Program, but require an annual fee to access. The purpose of the fee is to recover costs associated with the development of data collections included in such sites. Your institution may already be a subscriber. Follow the links above to find out more about the data in these sites and their terms of usage.
Condensed phase thermochemistry data
Go To: Top, References, Notes
Data compiled as indicated in comments:
DRB - Donald R. Burgess, Jr.
ALS - Hussein Y. Afeefy, Joel F. Liebman, and Stephen E. Stein
DH - Eugene S. Domalski and Elizabeth D. Hearing
|fH°liquid||-203. ± 4.||kJ/mol||Review||Manion, 2002||weighted average of several measurements; DRB|
|cH°liquid||-862.3 ± 8.4||kJ/mol||Ccb||Smith, Bjellerup, et al., 1953||Reanalyzed by Cox and Pilcher, 1970, Original value = -860. ± 10. kJ/mol; ALS|
Constant pressure heat capacity of liquid
|Cp,liquid (J/mol*K)||Temperature (K)||Reference||Comment|
|196.2||298.||Kurbatov, 1948||T = 16 to 154°C, mean Cp, three temperatures.; DH|
Go To: Top, Condensed phase thermochemistry data, Notes
Manion, J.A., Evaluated Enthalpies of Formation of the Stable Closed Shell C1 and C2 Chlorinated Hydrocarbons, J. Phys. Chem. Ref. Data, 2002, 31, 1, 123-172, https://doi.org/10.1063/1.1420703 . [all data]
Kirkbride, F.W., The heats of chlorination of some hydrocarbons and their chloro-derivatives, J. Appl. Chem., 1956, 6, 11-21. [all data]
Smith, Bjellerup, et al., 1953
Smith, L.; Bjellerup, L.; Krook, S.; Westermark, H., Heats of combustion of organic chloro compounds determined by the "quartz wool" method, Acta Chem. Scand., 1953, 7, 65. [all data]
Cox and Pilcher, 1970
Cox, J.D.; Pilcher, G., Thermochemistry of Organic and Organometallic Compounds, Academic Press, New York, 1970, 1-636. [all data]
Kurbatov, V.Ya., Heat capacity of liquids. 2. Heat capacity and the temperature dependence of heat capacity from halogen derivatives of acylic hydrocarbons, Zh. Obshch. Kim., 1948, 18, 372-389. [all data]
Go To: Top, Condensed phase thermochemistry data, References
- Symbols used in this document:
Cp,liquid Constant pressure heat capacity of liquid cH°liquid Enthalpy of combustion of liquid at standard conditions fH°liquid Enthalpy of formation of liquid at standard conditions
- Data from NIST Standard Reference Database 69: NIST Chemistry WebBook
- Customer support for NIST Standard Reference Data products.