- Formula: CH3Cl3Si
- Molecular weight: 149.479
- IUPAC Standard InChI:
- Download the identifier in a file.
- IUPAC Standard InChIKey: JLUFWMXJHAVVNN-UHFFFAOYSA-N
- CAS Registry Number: 75-79-6
- Chemical structure:
This structure is also available as a 2d Mol file
- Other names: Methyltrichlorosilane; Monomethyltrichlorosilane; Trichloromethylsilane; Trichloromethylsilicon; CH3SiCl3; Methyl-trichlorsilan; Methylsilicochloroform; Silane, methyltrichloro-; Trichlor-methylsilan; UN 1250; SiCH3Cl3; Methylsilyl trichloride; NSC 77069; LS 40
- Permanent link for this species. Use this link for bookmarking this species for future reference.
- Information on this page:
- Other data available:
- Data at other public NIST sites:
Data at NIST subscription sites:
NIST subscription sites provide data under the NIST Standard Reference Data Program, but require an annual fee to access. The purpose of the fee is to recover costs associated with the development of data collections included in such sites. Your institution may already be a subscriber. Follow the links above to find out more about the data in these sites and their terms of usage.
Gas phase thermochemistry data
Go To: Top, Condensed phase thermochemistry data, References, Notes
|fH°gas||-126.40||kcal/mol||Review||Chase, 1998||Data last reviewed in December, 1960|
|S°gas,1 bar||83.913||cal/mol*K||Review||Chase, 1998||Data last reviewed in December, 1960|
Gas Phase Heat Capacity (Shomate Equation)
Cp° = A + B*t + C*t2 + D*t3 +
H° − H°298.15= A*t + B*t2/2 + C*t3/3 + D*t4/4 − E/t + F − H
S° = A*ln(t) + B*t + C*t2/2 + D*t3/3 − E/(2*t2) + G
Cp = heat capacity (cal/mol*K)
H° = standard enthalpy (kcal/mol)
S° = standard entropy (cal/mol*K)
t = temperature (K) / 1000.
|Temperature (K)||298. - 1500.|
|Comment||Data last reviewed in December, 1960|
Condensed phase thermochemistry data
Go To: Top, Gas phase thermochemistry data, References, Notes
Data compiled by: Eugene S. Domalski and Elizabeth D. Hearing
|S°liquid||62.81||cal/mol*K||N/A||Samorukov and Kostryukov, 1971|
Constant pressure heat capacity of liquid
|Cp,liquid (cal/mol*K)||Temperature (K)||Reference||Comment|
|38.98||298.15||Samorukov and Kostryukov, 1971||T = 14 to 307 K. Data deposited VINITI, No 2423-71, 17 December, 1970. Cp(liq) = 25.5286 + 0.04132T + 100930T-2 (197.37 to 300 K) cal/mol*K.|
Go To: Top, Gas phase thermochemistry data, Condensed phase thermochemistry data, Notes
Chase, M.W., Jr., NIST-JANAF Themochemical Tables, Fourth Edition, J. Phys. Chem. Ref. Data, Monograph 9, 1998, 1-1951. [all data]
Samorukov and Kostryukov, 1971
Samorukov, O.P.; Kostryukov, V.N., Thermodynamics of organic derivatives of chlorosilanes. Low-temperature heat capacities, melting points, heats of fusion, and thermodynamic functions of the condensed phases of trichloromethylsilane and dichloromethylsilane, Russ. J. Phys. Chem., 1971, 45, 747-748. [all data]
Go To: Top, Gas phase thermochemistry data, Condensed phase thermochemistry data, References
- Symbols used in this document:
Cp,liquid Constant pressure heat capacity of liquid S°gas,1 bar Entropy of gas at standard conditions (1 bar) S°liquid Entropy of liquid at standard conditions fH°gas Enthalpy of formation of gas at standard conditions
- Data from NIST Standard Reference Database 69: NIST Chemistry WebBook
- The National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST) uses its best efforts to deliver a high quality copy of the Database and to verify that the data contained therein have been selected on the basis of sound scientific judgment. However, NIST makes no warranties to that effect, and NIST shall not be liable for any damage that may result from errors or omissions in the Database.
- Customer support for NIST Standard Reference Data products.