- Formula: CCl2F2
- Molecular weight: 120.914
- IUPAC Standard InChI:
- Download the identifier in a file.
- IUPAC Standard InChIKey: PXBRQCKWGAHEHS-UHFFFAOYSA-N
- CAS Registry Number: 75-71-8
- Chemical structure:
This structure is also available as a 2d Mol file or as a computed 3d SD file
- Other names: Methane, dichlorodifluoro-; Algofrene Type 2; Arcton 12; Arcton 6; Chlorofluoromethane (CCl2F2); Difluorodichloromethane; Electro-CF 12; F 12; Freon 12; Frigen 12; FC 12; Genetron 12; Isceon 122; Isotron 12; Ledon 12; R 12; R 12, Refrigerant; Refrigerant 12; CF2Cl2; Fluorocarbon 12; Propellant 12; Dwuchlorodwufluorometan; Eskimon 12; Freon F-12; Kaiser chemicals 12; Rcra waste number U075; Ucon 12; Ucon 12/halocarbon 12; UN 1028; CCl2F2; Halon 122; CFC-12; Halocarbon 12; Isotron 2; Propellent 12; Refrigerant R12; Chlorofluorocarbon 12; Dymel 12; FCC 12; FKW 12; Forane 12
- Permanent link for this species. Use this link for bookmarking this species for future reference.
- Information on this page:
- Other data available:
- Data at other public NIST sites:
Data at NIST subscription sites:
- NIST / TRC Web Thermo Tables, "lite" edition (thermophysical and thermochemical data)
- NIST / TRC Web Thermo Tables, professional edition (thermophysical and thermochemical data)
NIST subscription sites provide data under the NIST Standard Reference Data Program, but require an annual fee to access. The purpose of the fee is to recover costs associated with the development of data collections included in such sites. Your institution may already be a subscriber. Follow the links above to find out more about the data in these sites and their terms of usage.
Condensed phase thermochemistry data
Go To: Top, References, Notes
Data compilation copyright by the U.S. Secretary of Commerce on behalf of the U.S.A. All rights reserved.
Data compiled by: Eugene S. Domalski and Elizabeth D. Hearing
Constant pressure heat capacity of liquid
|Cp,liquid (cal/mol*K)||Temperature (K)||Reference||Comment|
|30.31||290.||Buffington and Fleischer, 1931||Heat capacity measured at 230 K and 290 K using two different methods. Cp at 230 K is 106.3 J/mol*K.|
Go To: Top, Condensed phase thermochemistry data, Notes
Buffington and Fleischer, 1931
Buffington, R.M.; Fleischer, J., Thermodynamic properties of dichlorodifluoromethane, a new refrigerant. IV. Specific heat of liquid and vapor and latent heat of vaporization, Ind. Eng. Chem., 1931, 23, 1290-1292. [all data]
Go To: Top, Condensed phase thermochemistry data, References
- Symbols used in this document:
Cp,liquid Constant pressure heat capacity of liquid
- Data from NIST Standard Reference Database 69: NIST Chemistry WebBook
- Customer support for NIST Standard Reference Data products.