- Formula: CHF3
- Molecular weight: 70.0138
- IUPAC Standard InChI:
- Download the identifier in a file.
- IUPAC Standard InChIKey: XPDWGBQVDMORPB-UHFFFAOYSA-N
- CAS Registry Number: 75-46-7
- Chemical structure:
This structure is also available as a 2d Mol file or as a computed 3d SD file
- Other names: Methane, trifluoro-; Arcton 1; Fluoryl; Freon F-23; Freon 23; Genetron 23; Methyl trifluoride; R 23; Trifluoromethane; CHF3; Arcton; Halocarbon 23; UN 1984; Carbon trifluoride; Genetron HFC23; Propellant 23; Refrigerant 23; FC 23 (fluorocarbon); FC 23; R 23 (halocarbon); HFC 23
- Permanent link for this species. Use this link for bookmarking this species for future reference.
- Information on this page:
- Other data available:
- Gas phase thermochemistry data
- Condensed phase thermochemistry data
- Phase change data
- Reaction thermochemistry data
- Henry's Law data
- Gas phase ion energetics data
- Ion clustering data
- IR Spectrum
- Mass spectrum (electron ionization)
- Vibrational and/or electronic energy levels
- Gas Chromatography
- Fluid Properties
- Data at other public NIST sites:
Data at NIST subscription sites:
- NIST / TRC Web Thermo Tables, "lite" edition (thermophysical and thermochemical data)
- NIST / TRC Web Thermo Tables, professional edition (thermophysical and thermochemical data)
NIST subscription sites provide data under the NIST Standard Reference Data Program, but require an annual fee to access. The purpose of the fee is to recover costs associated with the development of data collections included in such sites. Your institution may already be a subscriber. Follow the links above to find out more about the data in these sites and their terms of usage.
Antoine Equation Parameters
Go To: Top, References, Notes
log10(P) = A − (B / (T + C))
P = vapor pressure (bar)
T = temperature (K)
|145.36 - 191.19||4.25548||718.089||-22.013||Valentine, Brodale, et al., 1962||Coefficents calculated by NIST from author's data.|
Select a region with data to zoom. Select a region with no data or click the mouse on the plot to revert to the orginal display.
Moving the mouse pointer over or near a point will display the coordinates of the point. The number of digits shown do not reflect the uncertainty of the value.
On newer browsers the following keyboard commands are supported:
|L||Toggle log-log display if possible.|
|S||Toggle semilog (log Y) display if possible.|
|K||Move / hide legend (key). Repeated presses of this key will posiiton the legend in the following sequence: upper left, upper right, lower right, lower left, hidden.|
Click in or tab to the plot area to enable keyboard commands.
The following components were used in generating the plot:
- jQuery UI
- Plugins for Flot:
Additonal code used was developed at NIST: plot-data.js.
Use or mention of technologies or programs in this web site is not intended to imply recommendation or endorsement by the National Institute of Standards and Technology, nor is it intended to imply that these items are necessarily the best available for the purpose.
Go To: Top, Antoine Equation Parameters, Notes
Valentine, Brodale, et al., 1962
Valentine, R.H.; Brodale, G.E.; Giauque, W.F., Trifluoromethane: entropy, low temperature heat capacity, heats of fusion and vaporization, and vapor pressure, J. Phys. Chem., 1962, 66, 392-395. [all data]
Go To: Top, Antoine Equation Parameters, References
- Data from NIST Standard Reference Database 69: NIST Chemistry WebBook
- Customer support for NIST Standard Reference Data products.