- Formula: C3H7I
- Molecular weight: 169.9922
- IUPAC Standard InChI:
- Download the identifier in a file.
- IUPAC Standard InChIKey: FMKOJHQHASLBPH-UHFFFAOYSA-N
- CAS Registry Number: 75-30-9
- Chemical structure:
This structure is also available as a 2d Mol file or as a computed 3d SD file
- Other names: Isopropyl iodide; sec-Propyl Iodide; 2-Iodopropane; iso-C3H7I; Isopropyl iodine; 2-Jodpropan; i-Propyl iodide; Propane, iodo-
- Permanent link for this species. Use this link for bookmarking this species for future reference.
- Information on this page:
- Other data available:
- Data at other public NIST sites:
Data at NIST subscription sites:
NIST subscription sites provide data under the NIST Standard Reference Data Program, but require an annual fee to access. The purpose of the fee is to recover costs associated with the development of data collections included in such sites. Your institution may already be a subscriber. Follow the links above to find out more about the data in these sites and their terms of usage.
Reaction thermochemistry data
Go To: Top, References, Notes
Data compilation copyright by the U.S. Secretary of Commerce on behalf of the U.S.A. All rights reserved.
Data compiled as indicated in comments:
M - Michael M. Meot-Ner (Mautner) and Sharon G. Lias
ALS - Hussein Y. Afeefy, Joel F. Liebman, and Stephen E. Stein
Note: Please consider using the reaction search for this species. This page allows searching of all reactions involving this species. A general reaction search form is also available. Future versions of this site may rely on reaction search pages in place of the enumerated reaction displays seen below.
+ = ( )
By formula: Li+ + C3H7I = (Li+ C3H7I)
|rH°||29.5||kcal/mol||ICR||Staley and Beauchamp, 1975||gas phase; switching reaction(Li+)H2O, from graph; Dzidic and Kebarle, 1970 extrapolated; M|
By formula: C3H7I = C3H7I
|rH°||-2.06||kcal/mol||Eqk||Furuyama, Golden, et al., 1969||gas phase; ALS|
|rH°||-2.9 ± 1.0||kcal/mol||Ciso||Andreevskii and Rozhnov, 1962||gas phase; ALS|
2 + = C6H14Hg + 2
By formula: 2C3H7I + HgI2 = C6H14Hg + 2I2
|rH°||57.92 ± 0.46||kcal/mol||Cm||Mortimer, Pritchard, et al., 1952||liquid phase; ALS|
By formula: HI + C3H6 = C3H7I
|rH°||-20.62||kcal/mol||Eqk||Furuyama, Golden, et al., 1969||gas phase; ALS|
Go To: Top, Reaction thermochemistry data, Notes
Staley and Beauchamp, 1975
Staley, R.H.; Beauchamp, J.L., Intrinsic Acid - Base Properties of Molecules. Binding Energies of Li+ to pi - and n - Donor Bases, J. Am. Chem. Soc., 1975, 97, 20, 5920, https://doi.org/10.1021/ja00853a050 . [all data]
Dzidic and Kebarle, 1970
Dzidic, I.; Kebarle, P., Hydration of the Alkali Ions in the Gas Phase. Enthalpies and Entropies of Reactions M+(H2O)n-1 + H2O = M+(H2O)n, J. Phys. Chem., 1970, 74, 7, 1466, https://doi.org/10.1021/j100702a013 . [all data]
Furuyama, Golden, et al., 1969
Furuyama, S.; Golden, D.M.; Benson, S.W., Thermochemistry of the gas phase equilibria i-C3H7I = C3H6 + HI, n-C3H7I = i-C3H7I, and C3H6 + 2HI = C3H8 + I2, J. Chem. Thermodyn., 1969, 1, 363-375. [all data]
Andreevskii and Rozhnov, 1962
Andreevskii, D.N.; Rozhnov, A.M., The thermodynamics of alkyl halides. The isomerization of propl iodide, Neftekhimiya, 1962, 2, 378-383. [all data]
Mortimer, Pritchard, et al., 1952
Mortimer, C.T.; Pritchard, H.O.; Skinner, H.A., Thermochemistry of metallic alkyls. Part V - Mercury di-propyl and mercury di-isopropyl, Trans. Faraday Soc., 1952, 48, 220-229. [all data]
Go To: Top, Reaction thermochemistry data, References
- Symbols used in this document:
rH° Enthalpy of reaction at standard conditions
- Data from NIST Standard Reference Database 69: NIST Chemistry WebBook
- The National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST) uses its best efforts to deliver a high quality copy of the Database and to verify that the data contained therein have been selected on the basis of sound scientific judgment. However, NIST makes no warranties to that effect, and NIST shall not be liable for any damage that may result from errors or omissions in the Database.
- Customer support for NIST Standard Reference Data products.