- Formula: C3H7Br
- Molecular weight: 122.992
- IUPAC Standard InChI:
- Download the identifier in a file.
- IUPAC Standard InChIKey: NAMYKGVDVNBCFQ-UHFFFAOYSA-N
- CAS Registry Number: 75-26-3
- Chemical structure:
This structure is also available as a 2d Mol file
- Other names: Isopropyl bromide; 2-Bromopropane; iso-C3H7Br; sec-Propyl bromide; UN 2344
- Permanent link for this species. Use this link for bookmarking this species for future reference.
- Information on this page:
- Other data available:
- Data at other public NIST sites:
Data at NIST subscription sites:
NIST subscription sites provide data under the NIST Standard Reference Data Program, but require an annual fee to access. The purpose of the fee is to recover costs associated with the development of data collections included in such sites. Your institution may already be a subscriber. Follow the links above to find out more about the data in these sites and their terms of usage.
Gas phase thermochemistry data
Go To: Top, References, Notes
Data compiled by: Hussein Y. Afeefy, Joel F. Liebman, and Stephen E. Stein
|fH°gas||-22.86 ± 0.25||kcal/mol||Chyd||Davies, Lacher, et al., 1965||Reanalyzed by Cox and Pilcher, 1970, Original value = -22.71 kcal/mol|
|fH°gas||-23.55 ± 0.46||kcal/mol||Eqk||Rozhnov and Andreevskii, 1962|
|fH°gas||-23.55 ± 0.46||kcal/mol||Ccr||Bjellerup, 1961|
Go To: Top, Gas phase thermochemistry data, Notes
Davies, Lacher, et al., 1965
Davies, J.; Lacher, J.R.; Park, J.D., Reaction heats of organic compounds. Part 4.-Heats of hydrogenation of n- and iso-Propyl bromides and chlorides, Trans. Faraday Soc., 1965, 61, 2413-2416. [all data]
Cox and Pilcher, 1970
Cox, J.D.; Pilcher, G., Thermochemistry of Organic and Organometallic Compounds, Academic Press, New York, 1970, 1-636. [all data]
Rozhnov and Andreevskii, 1962
Rozhnov, A.M.; Andreevskii, D.N., Equilibrium in the system propene, hydrogen bromide, bromopropane, Dokl. Akad. Nauk SSSR, 1962, 147, 388-391. [all data]
Bjellerup, L., On the accuracy of heat of combustion data obtained with a precision moving-bomb calorimetric method for organic bromine compounds, Acta Chem. Scand., 1961, 15, 121-140. [all data]
Go To: Top, Gas phase thermochemistry data, References
- Symbols used in this document:
fH°gas Enthalpy of formation of gas at standard conditions
- Data from NIST Standard Reference Database 69: NIST Chemistry WebBook
- The National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST) uses its best efforts to deliver a high quality copy of the Database and to verify that the data contained therein have been selected on the basis of sound scientific judgment. However, NIST makes no warranties to that effect, and NIST shall not be liable for any damage that may result from errors or omissions in the Database.
- Customer support for NIST Standard Reference Data products.