- Formula: CS2
- Molecular weight: 76.141
- IUPAC Standard InChI:
- Download the identifier in a file.
- IUPAC Standard InChIKey: QGJOPFRUJISHPQ-UHFFFAOYSA-N
- CAS Registry Number: 75-15-0
- Chemical structure:
This structure is also available as a 2d Mol file or as a computed 3d SD file
- Other names: Carbon bisulfide; Carbon sulfide (CS2); Dithiocarbonic anhydride; CS2; Carbon sulfide; Carbon-disulphide-; Carbon bisulphide; Carbon sulphide; Kohlendisulfid; Koolstofdisulfide; NCI-C04591; Rcra waste number P022; Schwefelkohlenstoff; Solfuro di carbonio; Sulphocarbonic anhydride; UN 1131; Weeviltox; Wegla dwusiarczek; Alcohol of sulfur; Carbon bisulfuret; Methyl disulfide; Sulfocarbonic anhydride
- Permanent link for this species. Use this link for bookmarking this species for future reference.
- Information on this page:
- Other data available:
- Data at other public NIST sites:
Data at NIST subscription sites:
- NIST / TRC Web Thermo Tables, "lite" edition (thermophysical and thermochemical data)
- NIST / TRC Web Thermo Tables, professional edition (thermophysical and thermochemical data)
NIST subscription sites provide data under the NIST Standard Reference Data Program, but require an annual fee to access. The purpose of the fee is to recover costs associated with the development of data collections included in such sites. Your institution may already be a subscriber. Follow the links above to find out more about the data in these sites and their terms of usage.
Normal alkane RI, polar column, custom temperature program
Go To: Top, References, Notes
Data compilation copyright by the U.S. Secretary of Commerce on behalf of the U.S.A. All rights reserved.
Data compiled by: NIST Mass Spectrometry Data Center, William E. Wallace, director
|Active phase||Polyethylene Glycol||Carbowax 20M|
|Column length (m)|
|Column diameter (mm)|
|Phase thickness (m)|
|Program||not specified||not specified|
|Reference||Zenkevich, Korolenko, et al., 1995||Ramsey and Flanagan, 1982|
Go To: Top, Normal alkane RI, polar column, custom temperature program, Notes
Zenkevich, Korolenko, et al., 1995
Zenkevich, I.G.; Korolenko, L.I.; Khralenkova, N.B., Desorption with solvent vapor as a method of sample preparation in the sorption preconcentration of organic-compounds from the air of a working area and from industrial-waste gases, J. Appl. Chem. USSR (Engl. Transl.), 1995, 50, 10, 937-944. [all data]
Ramsey and Flanagan, 1982
Ramsey, J.D.; Flanagan, R.J., Detection and Identification of Volatile Organic Compounds in Blood by Headspace Gas Chromatography as an Aid to the Diagnosis of Solvent Abuse, J. Chromatogr., 1982, 240, 2, 423-444, https://doi.org/10.1016/S0021-9673(00)99622-5 . [all data]
Go To: Top, Normal alkane RI, polar column, custom temperature program, References
- Data from NIST Standard Reference Database 69: NIST Chemistry WebBook
- The National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST) uses its best efforts to deliver a high quality copy of the Database and to verify that the data contained therein have been selected on the basis of sound scientific judgment. However, NIST makes no warranties to that effect, and NIST shall not be liable for any damage that may result from errors or omissions in the Database.
- Customer support for NIST Standard Reference Data products.