- Formula: C2H7N
- Molecular weight: 45.0837
- IUPAC Standard InChI:
- Download the identifier in a file.
- IUPAC Standard InChIKey: QUSNBJAOOMFDIB-UHFFFAOYSA-N
- CAS Registry Number: 75-04-7
- Chemical structure:
This structure is also available as a 2d Mol file or as a computed 3d SD file
- Other names: Ethanamine; Aminoethane; Monoethylamine; 1-Aminoethane; C2H5NH2; Aethylamine; Etilamina; Etyloamina; UN 1036
- Permanent link for this species. Use this link for bookmarking this species for future reference.
- Information on this page:
- Other data available:
- Data at other public NIST sites:
Data at NIST subscription sites:
- NIST / TRC Web Thermo Tables, "lite" edition (thermophysical and thermochemical data)
- NIST / TRC Web Thermo Tables, professional edition (thermophysical and thermochemical data)
NIST subscription sites provide data under the NIST Standard Reference Data Program, but require an annual fee to access. The purpose of the fee is to recover costs associated with the development of data collections included in such sites. Your institution may already be a subscriber. Follow the links above to find out more about the data in these sites and their terms of usage.
Ion clustering data
Go To: Top, References, Notes
Data compilation copyright by the U.S. Secretary of Commerce on behalf of the U.S.A. All rights reserved.
Data compiled by: Michael M. Meot-Ner (Mautner) and Sharon G. Lias
Note: Please consider using the reaction search for this species. This page allows searching of all reactions involving this species. Searches may be limited to ion clustering reactions. A general reaction search form is also available.
(C2H8N+ ) + = (C2H8N+ 2)
By formula: (C2H8N+ C2H7N) + C2H7N = (C2H8N+ 2C2H7N)
|rH°||19.5||kcal/mol||HPMS||Zielinska and Wincel, 1974||gas phase; Entropy change is questionable|
|rS°||41.6||cal/mol*K||HPMS||Zielinska and Wincel, 1974||gas phase; Entropy change is questionable|
(C2H8N+ 2) + = (C2H8N+ 3)
By formula: (C2H8N+ 2C2H7N) + C2H7N = (C2H8N+ 3C2H7N)
|rH°||17.3||kcal/mol||HPMS||Zielinska and Wincel, 1974||gas phase; Entropy change is questionable|
|rS°||42.6||cal/mol*K||HPMS||Zielinska and Wincel, 1974||gas phase; Entropy change is questionable|
C3H9Si+ + = (C3H9Si+ )
By formula: C3H9Si+ + C2H7N = (C3H9Si+ C2H7N)
|rH°||57.4||kcal/mol||PHPMS||Li and Stone, 1990||gas phase; switching reaction,Thermochemical ladder((CH3)3Si+)C6H5COOC2H5; Wojtyniak and Stone, 1986|
|rS°||39.3||cal/mol*K||PHPMS||Li and Stone, 1990||gas phase; switching reaction,Thermochemical ladder((CH3)3Si+)C6H5COOC2H5; Wojtyniak and Stone, 1986|
Go To: Top, Ion clustering data, Notes
Zielinska and Wincel, 1974
Zielinska, T.J.; Wincel, H., Gas - Phase Solvation of Protonated Aliphatic Amines: Methyl, Ethyl, n - Propyl, and Iso - Propylamine, Chem. Phys. Lett., 1974, 25, 354. [all data]
Li and Stone, 1990
Li, X.; Stone, A.J., Gas-Phase (CH3)3Si+ Affinities of Alkylamines and Proton Affinities of Trimethylsilyl Alkylamines, Int. J. Mass Spectrom. Ion Proc., 1990, 101, 2-3, 149, https://doi.org/10.1016/0168-1176(90)87008-5 . [all data]
Wojtyniak and Stone, 1986
Wojtyniak, A.C.M.; Stone, A.J., A High-Pressure Mass Spectrometric Study of the Bonding of Trimethylsilylium to Oxygen and Aromatic Bases, Can. J. Chem., 1986, 74, 59. [all data]
Go To: Top, Ion clustering data, References
- Symbols used in this document:
rH° Enthalpy of reaction at standard conditions rS° Entropy of reaction at standard conditions
- Data from NIST Standard Reference Database 69: NIST Chemistry WebBook
- The National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST) uses its best efforts to deliver a high quality copy of the Database and to verify that the data contained therein have been selected on the basis of sound scientific judgment. However, NIST makes no warranties to that effect, and NIST shall not be liable for any damage that may result from errors or omissions in the Database.
- Customer support for NIST Standard Reference Data products.