- Formula: C2H5Cl
- Molecular weight: 64.514
- IUPAC Standard InChI:
- Download the identifier in a file.
- IUPAC Standard InChIKey: HRYZWHHZPQKTII-UHFFFAOYSA-N
- CAS Registry Number: 75-00-3
- Chemical structure:
This structure is also available as a 2d Mol file or as a computed 3d SD file
- Other names: Ethane, chloro-; Aethylis; Aethylis chloridum; Anodynon; Chelen; Chlorene; Chlorethyl; Chloridum; Chloroethane; Chloryl; Chloryl anesthetic; Cloretilo; Dublofix; Ether chloratus; Ether hydrochloric; Ether muriatic; Hydrochloric ether; Kelene; Monochlorethane; Monochloroethane; Muriatic ether; Narcotile; C2H5Cl; Aethylchlorid; Chloorethaan; Chloroaethan; Chlorure D'ethyle; Cloroetano; Cloruro di etile; Etylu chlorek; NCI-C06224; UN 1037; Chloryle anesthetic
- Permanent link for this species. Use this link for bookmarking this species for future reference.
- Information on this page:
- Other data available:
- Data at other public NIST sites:
Data at NIST subscription sites:
NIST subscription sites provide data under the NIST Standard Reference Data Program, but require an annual fee to access. The purpose of the fee is to recover costs associated with the development of data collections included in such sites. Your institution may already be a subscriber. Follow the links above to find out more about the data in these sites and their terms of usage.
Condensed phase thermochemistry data
Go To: Top, References, Notes
Data compilation copyright by the U.S. Secretary of Commerce on behalf of the U.S.A. All rights reserved.
Data compiled as indicated in comments:
DRB - Donald R. Burgess, Jr.
DH - Eugene S. Domalski and Elizabeth D. Hearing
|fH°liquid||-137. ± 1.||kJ/mol||Review||Manion, 2002||derived from recommended «DELTA»fHgas° and «DELTA»vapH°; DRB|
|S°liquid||186.27||J/mol*K||N/A||Gordon and Giauque, 1948||DH|
Constant pressure heat capacity of liquid
|Cp,liquid (J/mol*K)||Temperature (K)||Reference||Comment|
|103.3||290.||Gordon and Giauque, 1948||T = 13 to 287 K.; DH|
|109.6||288.||Kurbatov, 1948||T = -67 to 15°C; mean Cp, three temperatures.; DH|
|108.8||298.||Riedel, 1941||T = -48 to 45°C.; DH|
|108.8||298.1||Riedel, 1940||T = -48 to 46°C.; DH|
|107.70||298.||Jenkin and Shorthose, 1924||T = -30 to 40°C.; DH|
Go To: Top, Condensed phase thermochemistry data, Notes
Manion, J.A., Evaluated Enthalpies of Formation of the Stable Closed Shell C1 and C2 Chlorinated Hydrocarbons, J. Phys. Chem. Ref. Data, 2002, 31, 1, 123-172, https://doi.org/10.1063/1.1420703 . [all data]
Gordon and Giauque, 1948
Gordon, J.; Giauque, W.F., The entropy of ethyl chloride. Heat capacity from 18 to 287K. Vapor pressure. Heats of fusion and vaporization, J. Am. Chem. Soc., 1948, 70, 1506-1510. [all data]
Kurbatov, V.Ya., Heat capacity of liquids. 2. Heat capacity and the temperature dependence of heat capacity from halogen derivatives of acylic hydrocarbons, Zh. Obshch. Kim., 1948, 18, 372-389. [all data]
Riedel, L., Determination of the specific heat of liquid ethyl chloride and liquid methylene chloride, Bull. Int. Inst., Refrig. Annex 22, 1941, No4, 1-3. [all data]
Riedel, L., Bestimmung der spezifischen Wärme von Äthychlorid und Methylenchlorid im flüssigen Zustand, Z. ges. Kalte-Ind., 1940, 47, 87. [all data]
Jenkin and Shorthose, 1924
Jenkin, C.F.; Shorthose, D.N., Thermal properties of ethyl chloride, 1924, 347-349. [all data]
Go To: Top, Condensed phase thermochemistry data, References
- Symbols used in this document:
Cp,liquid Constant pressure heat capacity of liquid S°liquid Entropy of liquid at standard conditions fH°liquid Enthalpy of formation of liquid at standard conditions
- Data from NIST Standard Reference Database 69: NIST Chemistry WebBook
- The National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST) uses its best efforts to deliver a high quality copy of the Database and to verify that the data contained therein have been selected on the basis of sound scientific judgment. However, NIST makes no warranties to that effect, and NIST shall not be liable for any damage that may result from errors or omissions in the Database.
- Customer support for NIST Standard Reference Data products.