- Formula: C2H5Br
- Molecular weight: 108.965
- IUPAC Standard InChI:
- Download the identifier in a file.
- IUPAC Standard InChIKey: RDHPKYGYEGBMSE-UHFFFAOYSA-N
- CAS Registry Number: 74-96-4
- Chemical structure:
This structure is also available as a 2d Mol file or as a computed 3d SD file
- Other names: Ethane, bromo-; Bromic ether; Bromoethane; Hydrobromic ether; Monobromoethane; C2H5Br; 1-Bromoethane; Bromure d'ethyle; Etylu bromek; Halon 2001; NCI-C55481; UN 1891; NSC 8824
- Permanent link for this species. Use this link for bookmarking this species for future reference.
- Information on this page:
- Other data available:
- Data at other public NIST sites:
Data at NIST subscription sites:
NIST subscription sites provide data under the NIST Standard Reference Data Program, but require an annual fee to access. The purpose of the fee is to recover costs associated with the development of data collections included in such sites. Your institution may already be a subscriber. Follow the links above to find out more about the data in these sites and their terms of usage.
Normal melting point
Go To: Top, References, Notes
Data compilation copyright by the U.S. Secretary of Commerce on behalf of the U.S.A. All rights reserved.
Data compiled by: Thermodynamics Research Center, NIST Boulder Laboratories, Chris Muzny, director
|154.55||Timmermans, 1952||Uncertainty assigned by TRC = 0.5 K; TRC|
|155.||Timmermans, 1935||Uncertainty assigned by TRC = 2. K; TRC|
|154.6||Timmermans, 1934||Uncertainty assigned by TRC = 0.4 K; TRC|
|154.||Timmermans, 1911||Uncertainty assigned by TRC = 0.4 K; TRC|
|155.||Timmermans, 1907||Uncertainty assigned by TRC = 2. K; TRC|
|157.2||Ladenburg and Kruegel, 1899||Uncertainty assigned by TRC = 0.5 K; TRC|
Go To: Top, Normal melting point, Notes
Timmermans, J., Freezing points of organic compounds. VVI New determinations., Bull. Soc. Chim. Belg., 1952, 61, 393. [all data]
Timmermans, J., Researches in Stoichiometry. I. The Heat of Fusion of Organic Compounds., Bull. Soc. Chim. Belg., 1935, 44, 17-40. [all data]
Timmermans, J., Theory of Concentrated Solutions XII., Bull. Soc. Chim. Belg., 1934, 43, 626. [all data]
Timmermans, J., Researches on the freezing point of organic liquid compounds, Bull. Soc. Chim. Belg., 1911, 25, 300. [all data]
Timmermans, J., New research on the density of liquids below zero, Bull. Soc. Chim. Belg., 1907, 21, 395. [all data]
Ladenburg and Kruegel, 1899
Ladenburg, A.; Kruegel, C., The measurement of low temperatures, Ber. Dtsch. Chem. Ges., 1899, 32, 1818. [all data]
Go To: Top, Normal melting point, References
- Symbols used in this document:
Tfus Fusion (melting) point
- Data from NIST Standard Reference Database 69: NIST Chemistry WebBook
- The National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST) uses its best efforts to deliver a high quality copy of the Database and to verify that the data contained therein have been selected on the basis of sound scientific judgment. However, NIST makes no warranties to that effect, and NIST shall not be liable for any damage that may result from errors or omissions in the Database.
- Customer support for NIST Standard Reference Data products.