- Formula: CHN
- Molecular weight: 27.0253
- IUPAC Standard InChI:
- Download the identifier in a file.
- IUPAC Standard InChIKey: LELOWRISYMNNSU-UHFFFAOYSA-N
- CAS Registry Number: 74-90-8
- Chemical structure:
This structure is also available as a 2d Mol file
- Other names: Hydrocyanic acid; AC; Blausaeure (German); Carbon hydride nitride (CHN); Formic anammonide; Formonitrile; HCN; Prussic Acid; Cyclon; Acide cyanhydrique; Acido cianidrico; Aero Liquid HCN; Blausaeure; Blauwzuur; Cyaanwaterstof; Cyanwasserstoff; Cyclone B; Cyjanowodor; Evercyn; NA 1051; Prussic acid, unstabilized; Rcra waste number P063; UN 1051; Zaclondiscoids; Carbon hydride nitride; Zootic acid; Agent AC; Nitrilomethane
- Permanent link for this species. Use this link for bookmarking this species for future reference.
- Information on this page:
- Other data available:
- Gas phase thermochemistry data
- Condensed phase thermochemistry data
- Phase change data
- Reaction thermochemistry data: reactions 1 to 50, reactions 51 to 92
- Henry's Law data
- Gas phase ion energetics data
- Ion clustering data
- IR Spectrum
- Mass spectrum (electron ionization)
- Vibrational and/or electronic energy levels
- Data at other public NIST sites:
Data at NIST subscription sites:
NIST subscription sites provide data under the NIST Standard Reference Data Program, but require an annual fee to access. The purpose of the fee is to recover costs associated with the development of data collections included in such sites. Your institution may already be a subscriber. Follow the links above to find out more about the data in these sites and their terms of usage.
Go To: Top, References, Notes
Data compilation copyright by the U.S. Secretary of Commerce on behalf of the U.S.A. All rights reserved.
Data compiled by: NIST Mass Spectrometry Data Center, William E. Wallace, director
Kovats' RI, non-polar column, isothermal
View large format table.
|Column type||Active phase||Temperature (C)||I||Reference||Comment|
|Capillary||CP Sil 5 CB||20.||319.9||Do and Raulin, 1992||25. m/0.15 mm/2. «mu»m, H2|
|Capillary||PoraPLOT Q||160.||300.||Do and Raulin, 1989||10. m/0.32 mm/10. «mu»m, H2|
Normal alkane RI, non-polar column, custom temperature program
View large format table.
|Column type||Active phase||I||Reference||Comment|
|Capillary||Polydimethyl siloxane||320.||Staples, 2006||Program: not specified|
Go To: Top, Gas Chromatography, Notes
Do and Raulin, 1992
Do, L.; Raulin, F., Gas chromatography of Titan's atmosphere. III. Analysis of low-molecular-weight hydrocarbons and nitriles with a CP-Sil-5 CB WCOT capillary column, J. Chromatogr., 1992, 591, 1-2, 297-301, https://doi.org/10.1016/0021-9673(92)80247-R . [all data]
Do and Raulin, 1989
Do, L.; Raulin, F., Gas chromatography of Titan's atmosphere. I. Analysis of low-molecular-weight hydrocarbons and nitriles with a PoraPLOT Q porous polymer coated open-tubular capillary column, J. Chromatogr., 1989, 481, 45-54, https://doi.org/10.1016/S0021-9673(01)96751-2 . [all data]
Staples, E.J., Creating a compound library for chemical warfare agents for the ZNose, 2006, retrieved from http://www.estcal.com/TechPapers/Security/CWA-Libraries.pdf. [all data]
Go To: Top, Gas Chromatography, References
- Data from NIST Standard Reference Database 69: NIST Chemistry WebBook
- The National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST) uses its best efforts to deliver a high quality copy of the Database and to verify that the data contained therein have been selected on the basis of sound scientific judgment. However, NIST makes no warranties to that effect, and NIST shall not be liable for any damage that may result from errors or omissions in the Database.
- Customer support for NIST Standard Reference Data products.