- Formula: CH3Cl
- Molecular weight: 50.488
- IUPAC Standard InChI:
- Download the identifier in a file.
- IUPAC Standard InChIKey: NEHMKBQYUWJMIP-UHFFFAOYSA-N
- CAS Registry Number: 74-87-3
- Chemical structure:
This structure is also available as a 2d Mol file or as a computed 3d SD file
- Other names: Methane, chloro-; Methyl chloride; Artic; Freon 40; Monochloromethane; CH3Cl; Chloor-methaan; Chlor-methan; Chlorure de methyle; Clorometano; Cloruro di metile; Methylchlorid; Metylu chlorek; R 40; Rcra waste number U045; UN 1063; Refrigerant R40
- Permanent link for this species. Use this link for bookmarking this species for future reference.
- Information on this page:
- Other data available:
- Data at other public NIST sites:
Data at NIST subscription sites:
- NIST / TRC Web Thermo Tables, "lite" edition (thermophysical and thermochemical data)
- NIST / TRC Web Thermo Tables, professional edition (thermophysical and thermochemical data)
NIST subscription sites provide data under the NIST Standard Reference Data Program, but require an annual fee to access. The purpose of the fee is to recover costs associated with the development of data collections included in such sites. Your institution may already be a subscriber. Follow the links above to find out more about the data in these sites and their terms of usage.
Normal alkane RI, non-polar column, temperature ramp
Go To: Top, References, Notes
Data compiled by: NIST Mass Spectrometry Data Center, William E. Wallace, director
|Column length (m)||25.|
|Column diameter (mm)||0.20|
|Phase thickness (m)||0.10|
|Heat rate (K/min)||6.|
|Initial hold (min)|
|Final hold (min)|
Go To: Top, Normal alkane RI, non-polar column, temperature ramp, Notes
Zenkevich, I.G., Experimentally measured retention indices., 2005. [all data]
Go To: Top, Normal alkane RI, non-polar column, temperature ramp, References
- Symbols used in this document:
Tend Final temperature Tstart Initial temperature
- Data from NIST Standard Reference Database 69: NIST Chemistry WebBook
- Customer support for NIST Standard Reference Data products.