- Formula: C2H2
- Molecular weight: 26.0373
- IUPAC Standard InChI:
- Download the identifier in a file.
- IUPAC Standard InChIKey: HSFWRNGVRCDJHI-UHFFFAOYSA-N
- CAS Registry Number: 74-86-2
- Chemical structure:
This structure is also available as a 2d Mol file or as a computed 3d SD file
- Other names: Ethyne; Ethine; Narcylen; C2H2; Acetylen; UN 1001; Vinylene
- Permanent link for this species. Use this link for bookmarking this species for future reference.
- Information on this page:
- Other data available:
- Data at other public NIST sites:
Data at NIST subscription sites:
- NIST / TRC Web Thermo Tables, "lite" edition (thermophysical and thermochemical data)
- NIST / TRC Web Thermo Tables, professional edition (thermophysical and thermochemical data)
NIST subscription sites provide data under the NIST Standard Reference Data Program, but require an annual fee to access. The purpose of the fee is to recover costs associated with the development of data collections included in such sites. Your institution may already be a subscriber. Follow the links above to find out more about the data in these sites and their terms of usage.
Normal alkane RI, non-polar column, custom temperature program
Go To: Top, References, Notes
Data compiled by: NIST Mass Spectrometry Data Center, William E. Wallace, director
|Active phase||Methyl Silicone||Porapack Q||Methyl Silicone||SPB-1||SPB-1|
|Column length (m)||60.||60.|
|Column diameter (mm)||0.53||0.53|
|Phase thickness (m)||5.||5.0|
|Program||not specified||not specified||not specified||40C(6min) => 5C/min => 80C => 10C/min => 200C||40 0C (6 min) 5 0C/min -> 80 0C 10 0C/min -> 200 0C|
|Reference||Chen and Feng, 2007||Zenkevich and Rodin, 2004||N/A||Flanagan, Streete, et al., 1997||Strete, Ruprah, et al., 1992|
Go To: Top, Normal alkane RI, non-polar column, custom temperature program, Notes
Chen and Feng, 2007
Chen, Y.; Feng, C., QSPR study on gas chromatography retention index of some organic pollutants, Comput. Appl. Chem. (China), 2007, 24, 10, 1404-1408. [all data]
Zenkevich and Rodin, 2004
Zenkevich, I.G.; Rodin, A.A., Gas chromatographic identification of some volatile toxic fluorine containing compounds by precalculated retention indices, J. Ecol. Chem. (Rus.), 2004, 13, 1, 22-28. [all data]
Flanagan, Streete, et al., 1997
Flanagan, R.J.; Streete, P.J.; Ramsey, J.D., Volatile Substance Abuse, UNODC Technical Series, No 5, United Nations, Office on Drugs and Crime, Vienna International Centre, PO Box 500, A-1400 Vienna, Austria, 1997, 56, retrieved from http://www.odccp.org/pdf/technicalseries1997-01-011.pdf. [all data]
Strete, Ruprah, et al., 1992
Strete, P.J.; Ruprah, M.; Ramsey, J.D.; Flanagan, R.J., Detection and identification of volatile substances by headspace capillary gas chromatography to aid the diagnosis of acute poisoning, Analyst, 1992, 117, 7, 1111-1127, https://doi.org/10.1039/an9921701111 . [all data]
Go To: Top, Normal alkane RI, non-polar column, custom temperature program, References
- Data from NIST Standard Reference Database 69: NIST Chemistry WebBook
- The National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST) uses its best efforts to deliver a high quality copy of the Database and to verify that the data contained therein have been selected on the basis of sound scientific judgment. However, NIST makes no warranties to that effect, and NIST shall not be liable for any damage that may result from errors or omissions in the Database.
- Customer support for NIST Standard Reference Data products.