- Formula: C2H4
- Molecular weight: 28.0532
- IUPAC Standard InChI:
- Download the identifier in a file.
- IUPAC Standard InChIKey: VGGSQFUCUMXWEO-UHFFFAOYSA-N
- CAS Registry Number: 74-85-1
- Chemical structure:
This structure is also available as a 2d Mol file or as a computed 3d SD file
- Other names: Ethene; Acetene; Bicarburretted hydrogen; Elayl; Olefiant gas; C2H4; Athylen; Liquid ethyene; UN 1038; UN 1962
- Permanent link for this species. Use this link for bookmarking this species for future reference.
- Information on this page:
- Other data available:
- Gas phase thermochemistry data
- Condensed phase thermochemistry data
- Phase change data
- Reaction thermochemistry data: reactions 1 to 50, reactions 51 to 54
- Henry's Law data
- Gas phase ion energetics data
- Ion clustering data
- IR Spectrum
- Mass spectrum (electron ionization)
- UV/Visible spectrum
- Vibrational and/or electronic energy levels
- Gas Chromatography
- Fluid Properties
- Data at other public NIST sites:
Data at NIST subscription sites:
- NIST / TRC Web Thermo Tables, "lite" edition (thermophysical and thermochemical data)
- NIST / TRC Web Thermo Tables, professional edition (thermophysical and thermochemical data)
NIST subscription sites provide data under the NIST Standard Reference Data Program, but require an annual fee to access. The purpose of the fee is to recover costs associated with the development of data collections included in such sites. Your institution may already be a subscriber. Follow the links above to find out more about the data in these sites and their terms of usage.
Go To: Top, References, Notes
Data compilation copyright by the U.S. Secretary of Commerce on behalf of the U.S.A. All rights reserved.
Data compiled by: Pamela M. Chu, Franklin R. Guenther, George C. Rhoderick, and Walter J. Lafferty
Gas Phase Spectrum
Select a region with data to zoom. Select a region with no data or click the mouse on the plot to revert to the orginal display.
The following components were used in generating the plot:
- jQuery UI
- Plugins for Flot:
Use or mention of technologies or programs in this web site is not intended to imply recommendation or endorsement by the National Institute of Standards and Technology, nor is it intended to imply that these items are necessarily the best available for the purpose.
View image of digitized spectrum (can be printed in landscape orientation).
Download spectrum in JCAMP-DX format.
|Owner||COPYRIGHT (C) 1998 by the U.S. Secretary of Commerce|
|Origin||NIST, Anayltical Chemistry Division, 301-975-3108|
|Uncertainty in Y||2.1 % relative (B=1.1E-04,C=8.5E-10,D=2.7E-14)|
|Name (CAS convention)||Ethene|
|Instrument parameters||KBr Beam splitter; MCT Detector; Multipass cell|
|Sampling procedure||1 L/min Flow|
|Data processing||Happ Genzel Apodization|
|Sample description||Ethylene Primary Gas Standard|
|Sample temp. (C)||23 C|
|Sample pressure||101.3 kPa|
|Melting point||-169.15 C|
|Boiling point||-103.71 C|
Go To: Top, Infrared Spectrum, Notes
No reference data available.
Go To: Top, Infrared Spectrum, References
- Data from NIST Standard Reference Database 69: NIST Chemistry WebBook
- Customer support for NIST Standard Reference Data products.