- Formula: CH3Br
- Molecular weight: 94.939
- IUPAC Standard InChI:
- Download the identifier in a file.
- IUPAC Standard InChIKey: GZUXJHMPEANEGY-UHFFFAOYSA-N
- CAS Registry Number: 74-83-9
- Chemical structure:
This structure is also available as a 2d Mol file or as a computed 3d SD file
- Other names: Bromomethane; Curafume; Embafume; Halon 1001; Haltox; Iscobrome; Methyl bromide; Monobromomethane; Terabol; CH3Br; Bercema; Brom-methan; Brom-O-gas; Brom-O-gaz; Bromometano; Bromure de methyle; Bromuro di metile; Broommethaan; Celfume; Dawson 100; Detia gas ex-M; Dowfume mc-2; Dowfume mc-33; Dowfume mc-2 soil fumigant; Edco; Fumigant-1; Kayafume; MBX; MeBr; Metafume; Methogas; Methylbromid; Metylu bromek; Pestmaster; Profume; R 40B1; Rcra waste number U029; Terr-O-gas 67; Terr-O-gas 100; UN 1062; Zytox; Brom-O-sol; Methybrom
- Permanent link for this species. Use this link for bookmarking this species for future reference.
- Information on this page:
- Other data available:
- Gas phase thermochemistry data
- Condensed phase thermochemistry data
- Phase change data
- Reaction thermochemistry data
- Henry's Law data
- Gas phase ion energetics data
- Ion clustering data
- IR Spectrum
- Mass spectrum (electron ionization)
- UV/Visible spectrum
- Vibrational and/or electronic energy levels
- Gas Chromatography
- Data at other public NIST sites:
Data at NIST subscription sites:
- NIST / TRC Web Thermo Tables, "lite" edition (thermophysical and thermochemical data)
- NIST / TRC Web Thermo Tables, professional edition (thermophysical and thermochemical data)
NIST subscription sites provide data under the NIST Standard Reference Data Program, but require an annual fee to access. The purpose of the fee is to recover costs associated with the development of data collections included in such sites. Your institution may already be a subscriber. Follow the links above to find out more about the data in these sites and their terms of usage.
Go To: Top, References, Notes
Data compiled by: Coblentz Society, Inc.
Gas Phase Spectrum
The following components were used in generating the plot:
- jQuery UI
- Plugins for Flot:
Notice: Except where noted, spectra from this collection were measured on dispersive instruments, often in carefully selected solvents, and hence may differ in detail from measurements on FTIR instruments or in other chemical environments. More information on the manner in which spectra in this collection were collected can be found here.
Notice: Concentration information is not available for this spectrum and, therefore, molar absorptivity values cannot be derived.
View image of digitized spectrum (can be printed in landscape orientation).
Download spectrum in JCAMP-DX format.
Collection (C) 2018 copyright by the U.S. Secretary of Commerce
on behalf of the United States of America. All rights reserved.
|Origin||DOW CHEMICAL COMPANY|
|Source reference||COBLENTZ NO. 8843|
|State||GAS (100 mmHg DILUTED TO A TOTAL PRESSURE OF 600 mmHg WITH N2)|
|Instrument||DOW KBr FOREPRISM|
|Instrument parameters||GRATING CHANGED AT 5.0, 7.5, 15.0 MICRON|
|Path length||5 CM|
|Data processing||DIGITIZED BY NIST FROM HARD COPY (FROM TWO SEGMENTS)|
Go To: Top, Infrared Spectrum, Notes
No reference data available.
Go To: Top, Infrared Spectrum, References
- Data from NIST Standard Reference Database 69: NIST Chemistry WebBook
- The National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST) uses its best efforts to deliver a high quality copy of the Database and to verify that the data contained therein have been selected on the basis of sound scientific judgment. However, NIST makes no warranties to that effect, and NIST shall not be liable for any damage that may result from errors or omissions in the Database.
- Customer support for NIST Standard Reference Data products.