- Formula: Hf
- Molecular weight: 178.49
- IUPAC Standard InChI:
- Download the identifier in a file.
- IUPAC Standard InChIKey: VBJZVLUMGGDVMO-UHFFFAOYSA-N
- CAS Registry Number: 7440-58-6
- Chemical structure:
This structure is also available as a 2d Mol file
- Permanent link for this species. Use this link for bookmarking this species for future reference.
- Information on this page:
- Other data available:
- Data at other public NIST sites:
- NIST Atomic Spectra Database - Lines Holdings (on physics web site)
- NIST Atomic Spectra Database - Levels Holdings (on physics web site)
- NIST Atomic Spectra Database - Ground states and ionization energies (on physics web site)
- Gas Phase Kinetics Database
- X-ray Photoelectron Spectroscopy Database, version 4.1
Data at NIST subscription sites:
NIST subscription sites provide data under the NIST Standard Reference Data Program, but require an annual fee to access. The purpose of the fee is to recover costs associated with the development of data collections included in such sites. Your institution may already be a subscriber. Follow the links above to find out more about the data in these sites and their terms of usage.
Gas phase ion energetics data
Go To: Top, References, Notes
Data compilation copyright by the U.S. Secretary of Commerce on behalf of the U.S.A. All rights reserved.
Data evaluated as indicated in comments:
L - Sharon G. Lias
Data compiled as indicated in comments:
LL - Sharon G. Lias and Joel F. Liebman
LLK - Sharon G. Lias, Rhoda D. Levin, and Sherif A. Kafafi
|IE (evaluated)||6.82507 ± 0.00004||eV||N/A||N/A||L|
Ionization energy determinations
|6.82507 ± 0.00004||LS||Callender, Hackett, et al., 1988||LL|
|6.65 ± 0.10||EI||Rauh and Ackermann, 1979||LLK|
|6.7 ± 0.1||EI||Rauh and Ackermann, 1974||LLK|
Go To: Top, Gas phase ion energetics data, Notes
Lide, D.R. (Editor), Ionization potentials of atoms and atomic ions in Handbook of Chem. and Phys., 1992, 10-211. [all data]
Callender, Hackett, et al., 1988
Callender, C.L.; Hackett, P.A.; Rayner, D.M., First ionization potential of hafnium by double-resonance field-ionization spectroscopy, J. Opt. Soc. Am. B, 1988, 5, 1341. [all data]
Rauh and Ackermann, 1979
Rauh, E.G.; Ackermann, R.J., The first ionization potentials of the transition metals, J. Chem. Phys., 1979, 70, 1004. [all data]
Rauh and Ackermann, 1974
Rauh, E.G.; Ackermann, R.J., First ionization potentials of some refractory oxide vapors, J. Chem. Phys., 1974, 60, 1396. [all data]
Go To: Top, Gas phase ion energetics data, References
- Symbols used in this document:
IE (evaluated) Recommended ionization energy
- Data from NIST Standard Reference Database 69: NIST Chemistry WebBook
- The National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST) uses its best efforts to deliver a high quality copy of the Database and to verify that the data contained therein have been selected on the basis of sound scientific judgment. However, NIST makes no warranties to that effect, and NIST shall not be liable for any damage that may result from errors or omissions in the Database.
- Customer support for NIST Standard Reference Data products.