- Formula: C16H18
- Molecular weight: 210.3141
- IUPAC Standard InChI:
- Download the identifier in a file.
- IUPAC Standard InChIKey: SZFDQMKAGLCYPA-UHFFFAOYSA-N
- CAS Registry Number: 719-79-9
- Chemical structure:
This structure is also available as a 2d Mol file or as a computed 3d SD file
- Other names: 1,1-Diphenylbutane
- Permanent link for this species. Use this link for bookmarking this species for future reference.
- Information on this page:
- Other data available:
Data at NIST subscription sites:
NIST subscription sites provide data under the NIST Standard Reference Data Program, but require an annual fee to access. The purpose of the fee is to recover costs associated with the development of data collections included in such sites. Your institution may already be a subscriber. Follow the links above to find out more about the data in these sites and their terms of usage.
Phase change data
Go To: Top, References, Notes
Data compilation copyright by the U.S. Secretary of Commerce on behalf of the U.S.A. All rights reserved.
Data compiled as indicated in comments:
BS - Robert L. Brown and Stephen E. Stein
TRC - Thermodynamics Research Center, NIST Boulder Laboratories, Chris Muzny, director
AC - William E. Acree, Jr., James S. Chickos
|Tboil||560.2||K||N/A||Weast and Grasselli, 1989||BS|
|Tboil||568.44||K||N/A||Serijan and Wise, 1952||Uncertainty assigned by TRC = 0.2 K; TRC|
|Tboil||567.44||K||N/A||Wise, Serijan, et al., 1950||Uncertainty assigned by TRC = 0.5 K; TRC|
|Tboil||560.||K||N/A||Sabatier and Murat, 1915||Uncertainty assigned by TRC = 4. K; TRC|
|Tboil||560.||K||N/A||Sabatier and Murat, 1913||Uncertainty assigned by TRC = 4. K; TRC|
|Tfus||248.0||K||N/A||Serijan and Wise, 1952||Uncertainty assigned by TRC = 0.3 K; TRC|
|vapH°||77.2 ± 0.6||kJ/mol||GS||Verevkin, 1999||Based on data from 298. - 342. K.; AC|
Enthalpy of vaporization
|vapH (kJ/mol)||Temperature (K)||Method||Reference||Comment|
|75.9 ± 0.6||320.||GS||Verevkin, 1999||Based on data from 298. - 342. K.; AC|
Go To: Top, Phase change data, Notes
Weast and Grasselli, 1989
CRC Handbook of Data on Organic Compounds, 2nd Editon, Weast,R.C and Grasselli, J.G., ed(s)., CRC Press, Inc., Boca Raton, FL, 1989, 1. [all data]
Serijan and Wise, 1952
Serijan, K.T.; Wise, P.H., Dicyclic hydrocarbons. V. Synthesis and physical properties of the diphenyl - and dicyclohexylbutanes, J. Am. Chem. Soc., 1952, 74, 365-8. [all data]
Wise, Serijan, et al., 1950
Wise, P.H.; Serijan, K.T.; Goodman, I.A., Correlation of Physical Properties with Molecular Structre for Dicyclic Hydrocarbons. I. 2-n-Alakylbiphenyl-1,1-alkane, «alpha»,«omega»-dicyclohexylalkane Series, Nat. Advis. Comm. Aeronaut., Tech. Notes, No. 2081, Lewis Flight Propulsion Lab., Cleveland, OH, 1950. [all data]
Sabatier and Murat, 1915
Sabatier, P.; Murat, M., Ann. Chim. (Paris), 1915, 4, 253. [all data]
Sabatier and Murat, 1913
Sabatier, P.; Murat, M., C. R. Hebd. Seances Acad. Sci., 1913, 156, 1430. [all data]
Verevkin, Sergey P., Thermochemical Properties of Diphenylalkanes, J. Chem. Eng. Data, 1999, 44, 2, 175-179, https://doi.org/10.1021/je980200e . [all data]
Go To: Top, Phase change data, References
- Symbols used in this document:
Tboil Boiling point Tfus Fusion (melting) point vapH Enthalpy of vaporization vapH° Enthalpy of vaporization at standard conditions
- Data from NIST Standard Reference Database 69: NIST Chemistry WebBook
- The National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST) uses its best efforts to deliver a high quality copy of the Database and to verify that the data contained therein have been selected on the basis of sound scientific judgment. However, NIST makes no warranties to that effect, and NIST shall not be liable for any damage that may result from errors or omissions in the Database.
- Customer support for NIST Standard Reference Data products.