NOTICE: Due to scheduled maintenance at our Gaithersburg campus, this site will not be available from 5:00 pm EDT (21:00 UTC) on Friday October 25 until 5:00 pm (21:00 UTC) on Sunday October 27. We apologize for any inconvenience this outage may cause.
HCF radical anion
- Formula: CHF-
- Molecular weight: 32.0176
- CAS Registry Number: 71267-42-0
- Information on this page:
- Other data available:
Gas phase thermochemistry data
Go To: Top, References, Notes
Data compilation copyright by the U.S. Secretary of Commerce on behalf of the U.S.A. All rights reserved.
Data compiled by: John E. Bartmess
|fH°gas||91. ± 13.||kJ/mol||R-EA||Gilles, Ervin, et al., 1992||Triplet state of neutral: 14.9±0.4 kcal/mol higher than singlet|
|fH°gas||<115.9||kJ/mol||IMRB||Dawson and Jennings, 1976||O- + CH3F ->.|
Go To: Top, Gas phase thermochemistry data, Notes
Gilles, Ervin, et al., 1992
Gilles, M.K.; Ervin, K.M.; Ho, J.; Lineberger, W.C., Negative Ion Photoelectron Spectroscopy of HCF-, HCCl-, HCBr-, and HCI- - Photoelectron Angular Distributions and Neutral Triplet Excitation, J. Phys. Chem., 1992, 96, 3, 1130, https://doi.org/10.1021/j100182a021 . [all data]
Dawson and Jennings, 1976
Dawson, J.H.J.; Jennings, K.R., Production of gas phase radical anions by reaction of O-. Ions with organic substrates, J. Chem. Soc. Faraday Trans. 2, 1976, 72, 700. [all data]
Go To: Top, Gas phase thermochemistry data, References
- Symbols used in this document:
fH°gas Enthalpy of formation of gas at standard conditions
- Data from NIST Standard Reference Database 69: NIST Chemistry WebBook
- The National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST) uses its best efforts to deliver a high quality copy of the Database and to verify that the data contained therein have been selected on the basis of sound scientific judgment. However, NIST makes no warranties to that effect, and NIST shall not be liable for any damage that may result from errors or omissions in the Database.
- Customer support for NIST Standard Reference Data products.