- Formula: C7H6O3
- Molecular weight: 138.1207
- IUPAC Standard InChI:
- Download the identifier in a file.
- IUPAC Standard InChIKey: YGSDEFSMJLZEOE-UHFFFAOYSA-N
- CAS Registry Number: 69-72-7
- Chemical structure:
This structure is also available as a 2d Mol file or as a computed 3d SD file
- Other names: Benzoic acid, 2-hydroxy-; o-Hydroxybenzoic acid; Phenol-2-carboxylic acid; Psoriacid-S-Stift; Retarder W; Rutranex; Salicylic acid collodion; Salonil; 2-Hydroxybenzoic acid; Acido salicilico; Keralyt; Kyselina 2-hydroxybenzoova; Kyselina salicylova; Orthohydroxybenzoic acid; Duoplant; Freezone; Ionil; Saligel; Compound W; 2-Hydroxybenzenecarboxylic acid; 2-Carboxyphenol; o-Carboxyphenol; Advanced pain relief callus removers; Advanced pain relief corn removers; Clear away wart remover; Dr. Scholl's Callus Removers; Dr. Scholl's Corn Removers; Dr. Scholl's Wart Remover Kit; Duofil Wart Remover; Ionil plus; Salicylic acid soap; Stri-Dex; Benzoic acid, o-hydroxy-; NSC 180; Trans-Ver-Sal; Domerine; Duofilm; Fostex; Pernox; Salicylic acid & Sulfur Soap; Sebucare; Sebulex; component of Fostex medicated bar and cream; component of Keralyt; Retarder SAX; component of Solarcaine first aid spray; component of Tinver; 7681-06-3; 8052-31-1; Salicyclic acid; Domerine (Salt/Mix); Duofilm (Salt/Mix); Fostex (Salt/Mix); Pernox (Salt/Mix); Salicylic acid & Sulfur Soap (Salt/Mix); Sebucare (Salt/Mix); Sebulex (Salt/Mix); component of Fostex medicated bar and cream (Salt/Mix); component of Keralyt (Salt/Mix); Retarder SAX (Salt/Mix); component of Solarcaine first aid spray (Salt/Mix); component of Tinver (Salt/Mix)
- Permanent link for this species. Use this link for bookmarking this species for future reference.
- Information on this page:
- Other data available:
Data at NIST subscription sites:
NIST subscription sites provide data under the NIST Standard Reference Data Program, but require an annual fee to access. The purpose of the fee is to recover costs associated with the development of data collections included in such sites. Your institution may already be a subscriber. Follow the links above to find out more about the data in these sites and their terms of usage.
Go To: Top, References, Notes
Data compiled by: Coblentz Society, Inc.
- SOLID (0.5 mg / 200 mg KBr DISC) $$ COMMERCIAL PURITY; PERKIN-ELMER 21 (GRATING); DIGITIZED BY COBLENTZ SOCIETY (BATCH I) FROM HARD COPY; 2 cm-1 resolution
- SOLID (2 mg/300mg KBr PELLET) $$ SEE SPECTRUM NO. 2534 FOR A DIFFERENT PELLET SPECTRUM; Not specified, most likely a prism, grating, or hybrid spectrometer.; DIGITIZED BY NIST FROM HARD COPY; 4 cm-1 resolution
- SOLID (KBr PELLET) $$ SEE SPECTRUM NO. 2535 FOR A DIFFERENT PELLET SPECTRUM; PERKIN-ELMER; DIGITIZED BY NIST FROM HARD COPY; 4 cm-1 resolution
- SOLID (NUJOL MULL); BECKMAN IR-7 (GRATING); DIGITIZED BY NIST FROM HARD COPY (FROM TWO SEGMENTS); 4 cm-1 resolution
Data compiled by: NIST Mass Spectrometry Data Center, William E. Wallace, director
Go To: Top, IR Spectrum, Notes
Data compilation copyright by the U.S. Secretary of Commerce on behalf of the U.S.A. All rights reserved.
No reference data available.
Go To: Top, IR Spectrum, References
- Data from NIST Standard Reference Database 69: NIST Chemistry WebBook
- The National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST) uses its best efforts to deliver a high quality copy of the Database and to verify that the data contained therein have been selected on the basis of sound scientific judgment. However, NIST makes no warranties to that effect, and NIST shall not be liable for any damage that may result from errors or omissions in the Database.
- Customer support for NIST Standard Reference Data products.