- Formula: C6H6O3
- Molecular weight: 126.1100
- IUPAC Standard InChI:
- Download the identifier in a file.
- IUPAC Standard InChIKey: NOEGNKMFWQHSLB-UHFFFAOYSA-N
- CAS Registry Number: 67-47-0
- Chemical structure:
This structure is also available as a 2d Mol file
- Other names: 2-Furancarboxaldehyde, 5-(hydroxymethyl)-; 2-Furaldehyde, 5-(hydroxymethyl)-; HMF; 5-(Hyddroxymethyl)furfurole; 5-(Hydroxymethyl)-2-formylfuran; 5-(Hydroxymethyl)-2-furaldehyde; 5-(Hydroxymethyl)-2-furancarbonal; 5-(Hydroxymethyl)-2-furfural; 5-(Hydroxymethyl)-2-furfuraldehyde; 5-(Hydroxymethyl)furan-2-aldehyde; 5-Hydroxymethylfuraldehyde; 5-Oxymethylfurfurole; 5-Hydroxymethylfurfuraldehyde; 5-Hydroxymethyl-2-furancarbaldehyde; Hydroxymethylfurfuraldehyde; 5-(Hydroxymethyl)-2-furancarboxaldehyde; 2-Hydroxymethyl-5-furfural; NSC 40738; Hydroxymethylfurfural; Hydroxymethylfurfuralaldehyde; 5-(Hydroxymethyl)furan-2-carbaldehyde; 5-Hydroxymethyl-2-furfural (HMF)
- Permanent link for this species. Use this link for bookmarking this species for future reference.
- Information on this page:
- Other data available:
Van Den Dool and Kratz RI, non-polar column, temperature ramp
Go To: Top, References, Notes
Data compilation copyright by the U.S. Secretary of Commerce on behalf of the U.S.A. All rights reserved.
Data compiled by: NIST Mass Spectrometry Data Center, William E. Wallace, director
|Column length (m)||30.||30.||50.|
|Column diameter (mm)||0.32||0.25||0.32|
|Phase thickness (m)||0.50||0.25||1.05|
|Heat rate (K/min)||7.||4.||2.|
|Initial hold (min)|
|Final hold (min)||5.||10.|
|Reference||Bell, 2004||da Silva, Borba, et al., 1999||Oh, Shu, et al., 1991|
Go To: Top, Van Den Dool and Kratz RI, non-polar column, temperature ramp, Notes
Bell, W.A.-M., Examination of Aroma Volatiles Formed from Thermal Processing of Florida Reconstituted Grapefruit Juice. A Thesis presented to the graduate school of the university of Florida in partial fulfillment of the requirements for the degree of master of science, 2004. [all data]
da Silva, Borba, et al., 1999
da Silva, U.F.; Borba, E.L.; Semir, J.; Marsaioli, A.J., A simple solid injection device for the analyses of Bulbophyllum (Orchidaceae) volatiles, Phytochemistry, 1999, 50, 1, 31-34, https://doi.org/10.1016/S0031-9422(98)00459-2 . [all data]
Oh, Shu, et al., 1991
Oh, Y.-C.; Shu, C.-K.; Ho, C.-T., Some volatile compounds formed from thermal interaction of glucose with glycine, diglycine, triglycine, and tetraglycine, J. Agric. Food Chem., 1991, 39, 9, 1553-1554, https://doi.org/10.1021/jf00009a003 . [all data]
Go To: Top, Van Den Dool and Kratz RI, non-polar column, temperature ramp, References
- Symbols used in this document:
Tend Final temperature Tstart Initial temperature
- Data from NIST Standard Reference Database 69: NIST Chemistry WebBook
- The National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST) uses its best efforts to deliver a high quality copy of the Database and to verify that the data contained therein have been selected on the basis of sound scientific judgment. However, NIST makes no warranties to that effect, and NIST shall not be liable for any damage that may result from errors or omissions in the Database.
- Customer support for NIST Standard Reference Data products.