- Formula: C13H12
- Molecular weight: 168.2344
- IUPAC Standard InChI:
- Download the identifier in a file.
- IUPAC Standard InChIKey: ALLIZEAXNXSFGD-UHFFFAOYSA-N
- CAS Registry Number: 643-58-3
- Chemical structure:
This structure is also available as a 2d Mol file or as a computed 3d SD file
- Other names: Biphenyl, 2-methyl-; o-Methylbiphenyl; 2-Methyl-1,1'-biphenyl; 2-Methylbiphenyl; 2-Phenyltoluene; o-Phenyltoluene; 1-Methyl-2-phenylbenzene; 2-Methyldiphenyl
- Permanent link for this species. Use this link for bookmarking this species for future reference.
- Information on this page:
- Other data available:
- Data at other public NIST sites:
Data at NIST subscription sites:
NIST subscription sites provide data under the NIST Standard Reference Data Program, but require an annual fee to access. The purpose of the fee is to recover costs associated with the development of data collections included in such sites. Your institution may already be a subscriber. Follow the links above to find out more about the data in these sites and their terms of usage.
Gas phase ion energetics data
Go To: Top, References, Notes
Data evaluated as indicated in comments:
HL - Edward P. Hunter and Sharon G. Lias
Data compiled as indicated in comments:
LLK - Sharon G. Lias, Rhoda D. Levin, and Sherif A. Kafafi
|Proton affinity (review)||195.0||kcal/mol||N/A||Hunter and Lias, 1998||HL|
|Gas basicity||187.2||kcal/mol||N/A||Hunter and Lias, 1998||HL|
Ionization energy determinations
|8.10 ± 0.02||PE||Maier and Turner, 1972||LLK|
Go To: Top, Gas phase ion energetics data, Notes
Hunter and Lias, 1998
Hunter, E.P.; Lias, S.G., Evaluated Gas Phase Basicities and Proton Affinities of Molecules: An Update, J. Phys. Chem. Ref. Data, 1998, 27, 3, 413-656, https://doi.org/10.1063/1.556018 . [all data]
Maier and Turner, 1972
Maier, J.P.; Turner, D.W., Steric inhibition of resonance studied by molecular photoelectron spectroscopy. Part I. Biphenyls, Faraday Discuss. Chem. Soc., 1972, 54, 149. [all data]
Go To: Top, Gas phase ion energetics data, References
- Data from NIST Standard Reference Database 69: NIST Chemistry WebBook
- Customer support for NIST Standard Reference Data products.