- Formula: C2H6O
- Molecular weight: 46.0684
- IUPAC Standard InChI:
- Download the identifier in a file.
- IUPAC Standard InChIKey: LFQSCWFLJHTTHZ-UHFFFAOYSA-N
- CAS Registry Number: 64-17-5
- Chemical structure:
This structure is also available as a 2d Mol file or as a computed 3d SD file
- Other names: Ethyl alcohol; Alcohol; Alcohol anhydrous; Algrain; Anhydrol; Denatured ethanol; Ethyl hydrate; Ethyl hydroxide; Jaysol; Jaysol S; Methylcarbinol; SD Alchol 23-hydrogen; Tecsol; C2H5OH; Absolute ethanol; Cologne spirit; Fermentation alcohol; Grain alcohol; Molasses alcohol; Potato alcohol; Aethanol; Aethylalkohol; Alcohol, dehydrated; Alcool ethylique; Alcool etilico; Alkohol; Cologne spirits; Denatured alcohol CD-10; Denatured alcohol CD-5; Denatured alcohol CD-5a; Denatured alcohol SD-1; Denatured alcohol SD-13a; Denatured alcohol SD-17; Denatured alcohol SD-23a; Denatured alcohol SD-28; Denatured alcohol SD-3a; Denatured alcohol SD-30; Denatured alcohol SD-39b; Denatured alcohol SD-39c; Denatured alcohol SD-40m; Etanolo; Ethanol 200 proof; Ethyl alc; Etylowy alkohol; EtOH; NCI-C03134; Spirits of wine; Spirt; Alkoholu etylowego; Ethyl alcohol anhydrous; SD alcohol 23-hydrogen; UN 1170; Tecsol C; Alcare Hand Degermer; Absolute alcohol; Denatured alcohol; Ethanol, silent spirit; Ethylol; Punctilious ethyl alcohol; SD 3A
- Permanent link for this species. Use this link for bookmarking this species for future reference.
- Information on this page:
- Other data available:
- Data at other public NIST sites:
Data at NIST subscription sites:
- NIST / TRC Web Thermo Tables, "lite" edition (thermophysical and thermochemical data)
- NIST / TRC Web Thermo Tables, professional edition (thermophysical and thermochemical data)
NIST subscription sites provide data under the NIST Standard Reference Data Program, but require an annual fee to access. The purpose of the fee is to recover costs associated with the development of data collections included in such sites. Your institution may already be a subscriber. Follow the links above to find out more about the data in these sites and their terms of usage.
Henry's Law data
Go To: Top, References, Notes
Data compilation copyright by the U.S. Secretary of Commerce on behalf of the U.S.A. All rights reserved.
Data compiled by: Rolf Sander
Henry's Law constant (water solution)
kH(T) = k°H exp(d(ln(kH))/d(1/T) ((1/T) - 1/(298.15 K)))
k°H = Henry's law constant for solubility in water at 298.15 K (mol/kg*bar)
d(ln(kH))/d(1/T) = Temperature dependence constant (K)
|k°H (mol/kg*bar)||d(ln(kH))/d(1/T) (K)||Method||Reference||Comment|
|120.||Q||N/A||missing citation give several references for the Henry's law constants but don't assign them to specific species.|
|200.||X||N/A||Value given here as quoted by missing citation.|
|160.||M,X||Timmermans, 1960||Value given here as quoted by missing citation.|
|190.||M||Butler, Ramchandani, et al., 1935|
Go To: Top, Henry's Law data, Notes
Timmermans, J., The Physico-Chemical Constants of Binary Systems in Conc-- entrated Solutions, Wiley-Interscience, New York, 1960. [all data]
Butler, Ramchandani, et al., 1935
Butler, J.A.V.; Ramchandani, C.N.; Thomson, D.W., The Solubility of Non-Electrolytes. Part 1. The Free Energy of Hydration of Some Alphatic Alcohols, J. Chem. Soc., 1935, 280-285, https://doi.org/10.1039/jr9350000280 . [all data]
Go To: Top, Henry's Law data, References
- Symbols used in this document:
d(ln(kH))/d(1/T) Temperature dependence parameter for Henry's Law constant k°H Henry's Law constant at 298.15K
- Data from NIST Standard Reference Database 69: NIST Chemistry WebBook
- The National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST) uses its best efforts to deliver a high quality copy of the Database and to verify that the data contained therein have been selected on the basis of sound scientific judgment. However, NIST makes no warranties to that effect, and NIST shall not be liable for any damage that may result from errors or omissions in the Database.
- Customer support for NIST Standard Reference Data products.