- Formula: C9H10
- Molecular weight: 118.1757
- IUPAC Standard InChI:
- Download the identifier in a file.
- IUPAC Standard InChIKey: QROGIFZRVHSFLM-UHFFFAOYSA-N
- CAS Registry Number: 637-50-3
- Chemical structure:
This structure is also available as a 2d Mol file or as a computed 3d SD file
- Other names: Benzene, propenyl-; «beta»-Methylstyrene; «beta»-Methylstyrol; «omega»-Methylstyrene; Isoallylbenzene; Propenylbenzene; 1-Phenyl-1-propene; 1-Phenylpropene; 1-Propene, 1-phenyl-; 1-Propenylbenzene; NSC 65591
- Permanent link for this species. Use this link for bookmarking this species for future reference.
- Information on this page:
- Other data available:
- Data at other public NIST sites:
Data at NIST subscription sites:
NIST subscription sites provide data under the NIST Standard Reference Data Program, but require an annual fee to access. The purpose of the fee is to recover costs associated with the development of data collections included in such sites. Your institution may already be a subscriber. Follow the links above to find out more about the data in these sites and their terms of usage.
Normal boiling point
Go To: Top, References, Notes
Data compilation copyright by the U.S. Secretary of Commerce on behalf of the U.S.A. All rights reserved.
Data compiled by: Thermodynamics Research Center, NIST Boulder Laboratories, Kenneth Kroenlein director
|447.15||Levi and Nicholls, 1958||Uncertainty assigned by TRC = 2. K; TRC|
|448.65||De Wolfe, Hagmann, et al., 1957||Uncertainty assigned by TRC = 1.5 K; TRC|
|446.15||Gero, 1951||Uncertainty assigned by TRC = 2. K; TRC|
|445.15||Levina, 1939||Uncertainty assigned by TRC = 5. K; TRC|
|450.||Levy and Dvoleitzska-Gombinska, 1931||Uncertainty assigned by TRC = 3. K; TRC|
|446.15||Lespieau, 1930||Uncertainty assigned by TRC = 3. K; TRC|
|448.15||Boeseken and Blumberger, 1925||Uncertainty assigned by TRC = 2. K; TRC|
|447.65||Tiffeneau, 1904||Uncertainty assigned by TRC = 3. K; TRC|
|447.65||Perkin, 1896||Uncertainty assigned by TRC = 1.5 K; TRC|
Go To: Top, Normal boiling point, Notes
Levi and Nicholls, 1958
Levi, L.; Nicholls, R.V.V., Formation of Styrene by Pyrolysis of Aromatic Heterocyclic Aldehyde- Aliphatic Acid Anhydride Mixtures on Morden Bentonite, Ind. Eng. Chem., 1958, 50, 1005. [all data]
De Wolfe, Hagmann, et al., 1957
De Wolfe, R.H.; Hagmann, D.L.; Young, W.G., Allylic Rearrangements XXXVII. The Ultraviolet Absorption Spectra of Cinnamylmagnesium Bromide and Dicinnamylmagnesium, J. Am. Chem. Soc., 1957, 79, 4795. [all data]
Gero, A., J. Org. Chem., 1951, 16, 1731. [all data]
Levina, R.Ya., Zh. Obshch. Khim., 1939, 9, 2287. [all data]
Levy and Dvoleitzska-Gombinska, 1931
Levy, J.; Dvoleitzska-Gombinska, Affinity Capacities and Migration Tendencies XI. Comparison of the Affinity Capacities of Aryl and Alkyl Radicals, Bull. Soc. Chim. Fr., 1931, 49, 1765-6. [all data]
Lespieau, R., Phenyltrimethylene, C. R. Hebd. Seances Acad. Sci., 1930, 190, 1129-31. [all data]
Boeseken and Blumberger, 1925
Boeseken, J.; Blumberger, J.S.P., Observation on the Speed of Oxidation of Several Aromatic Derivatives of Ethylene by the Prileshajew Reaction, Recl. Trav. Chim. Pays-Bas, 1925, 44, 90. [all data]
Tiffeneau, M., Synthesis of Estragol and of ITs Unsaturated Aromatic Derivatives, C. R. Hebd. Seances Acad. Sci., 1904, 139, 481. [all data]
Perkin, W.H., LXIX. On Magnetic Rotatory Power, especially of Aromatic Compounds, J. Chem. Soc., 1896, 69, 1025-1257. [all data]
Go To: Top, Normal boiling point, References
- Symbols used in this document:
Tboil Boiling point
- Data from NIST Standard Reference Database 69: NIST Chemistry WebBook
- The National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST) uses its best efforts to deliver a high quality copy of the Database and to verify that the data contained therein have been selected on the basis of sound scientific judgment. However, NIST makes no warranties to that effect, and NIST shall not be liable for any damage that may result from errors or omissions in the Database.
- Customer support for NIST Standard Reference Data products.