- Formula: C15H32
- Molecular weight: 212.4146
- IUPAC Standard InChI:
- Download the identifier in a file.
- IUPAC Standard InChIKey: YCOZIPAWZNQLMR-UHFFFAOYSA-N
- CAS Registry Number: 629-62-9
- Chemical structure:
This structure is also available as a 2d Mol file or as a computed 3d SD file
- Other names: n-Pentadecane; CH3(CH2)13CH3
- Permanent link for this species. Use this link for bookmarking this species for future reference.
- Information on this page:
- Other data available:
- Data at other public NIST sites:
Data at NIST subscription sites:
NIST subscription sites provide data under the NIST Standard Reference Data Program, but require an annual fee to access. The purpose of the fee is to recover costs associated with the development of data collections included in such sites. Your institution may already be a subscriber. Follow the links above to find out more about the data in these sites and their terms of usage.
Enthalpy of vaporization at standard conditions (nominally 298.15 K, 1 atm.)
Go To: Top, References, Notes
Data compilation copyright by the U.S. Secretary of Commerce on behalf of the U.S.A. All rights reserved.
Data compiled as indicated in comments:
AC - William E. Acree, Jr., James S. Chickos
|76.11||N/A||Majer and Svoboda, 1985|
|75.7||CGC||Chickos, Hosseini, et al., 1995||Based on data from 453. - 503. K.; AC|
|76.2||CGC||Chickos, Hosseini, et al., 1995||Based on data from 423. - 473. K.; AC|
|76.4||CGC||Chickos, Hosseini, et al., 1995||Based on data from 363. - 413. K.; AC|
|76.8||N/A||Ruzicka and Majer, 1994||AC|
|75.4 ± 1.2||C||Sunner and Svensson, 1979||AC|
|76.2 ± 0.4||C||Morawetz, 1972||AC|
Go To: Top, Enthalpy of vaporization at standard conditions (nominally 298.15 K, 1 atm.), Notes
Majer and Svoboda, 1985
Majer, V.; Svoboda, V., Enthalpies of Vaporization of Organic Compounds: A Critical Review and Data Compilation, Blackwell Scientific Publications, Oxford, 1985, 300. [all data]
Chickos, Hosseini, et al., 1995
Chickos, James S.; Hosseini, Sarah; Hesse, Donald G., Determination of vaporization enthalpies of simple organic molecules by correlations of changes in gas chromatographic net retention times, Thermochimica Acta, 1995, 249, 41-62, https://doi.org/10.1016/0040-6031(95)90670-3 . [all data]
Ruzicka and Majer, 1994
Ruzicka, Kvetoslav; Majer, Vladimir, Simultaneous Treatment of Vapor Pressures and Related Thermal Data Between the Triple and Normal Boiling Temperatures for n-Alkanes C5--C20, J. Phys. Chem. Ref. Data, 1994, 23, 1, 1, https://doi.org/10.1063/1.555942 . [all data]
Sunner and Svensson, 1979
Sunner, Stig; Svensson, Christer, Twin calorimeter for the determination of enthalpies of vaporization of small samples from 300 to 420 K, J. Chem. Soc., Faraday Trans. 1, 1979, 75, 0, 2359, https://doi.org/10.1039/f19797502359 . [all data]
Morawetz, E., Enthalpies of vaporization of n-alkanes from C12 to C20, J. Chem. Thermodyn., 1972, 4, 139-144. [all data]
Reid, Robert C., Handbook on vapor pressure and heats of vaporization of hydrocarbons and related compounds, R. C. Wilhort and B. J. Zwolinski, Texas A Research Foundation. College Station, Texas(1971). 329 pages.$10.00, AIChE J., 1972, 18, 6, 1278-1278, https://doi.org/10.1002/aic.690180637 . [all data]
Go To: Top, Enthalpy of vaporization at standard conditions (nominally 298.15 K, 1 atm.), References
- Symbols used in this document:
vapH° Enthalpy of vaporization at standard conditions
- Data from NIST Standard Reference Database 69: NIST Chemistry WebBook
- The National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST) uses its best efforts to deliver a high quality copy of the Database and to verify that the data contained therein have been selected on the basis of sound scientific judgment. However, NIST makes no warranties to that effect, and NIST shall not be liable for any damage that may result from errors or omissions in the Database.
- Customer support for NIST Standard Reference Data products.