Formic acid, hexyl ester
- Formula: C7H14O2
- Molecular weight: 130.1849
- IUPAC Standard InChI:
- Download the identifier in a file.
- IUPAC Standard InChIKey: OUGPMNMLWKSBRI-UHFFFAOYSA-N
- CAS Registry Number: 629-33-4
- Chemical structure:
This structure is also available as a 2d Mol file or as a computed 3d SD file
- Other names: n-Hexyl formate; Hexyl formate; n-Hexyl methanoate; Hexyl formiate
- Permanent link for this species. Use this link for bookmarking this species for future reference.
- Information on this page:
- Other data available:
Data at NIST subscription sites:
NIST subscription sites provide data under the NIST Standard Reference Data Program, but require an annual fee to access. The purpose of the fee is to recover costs associated with the development of data collections included in such sites. Your institution may already be a subscriber. Follow the links above to find out more about the data in these sites and their terms of usage.
Phase change data
Go To: Top, References, Notes
Data compiled by: Thermodynamics Research Center, NIST Boulder Laboratories, Chris Muzny, director
|Tboil||427.||K||N/A||Nayanov, Zorin, et al., 1976||Uncertainty assigned by TRC = 2. K|
|Tboil||427.||K||N/A||Nayanov, Zorin, et al., 1975||Uncertainty assigned by TRC = 2. K|
|Tboil||428.66||K||N/A||Bilterys and Gisseleire, 1935||Uncertainty assigned by TRC = 0.3 K|
|Tboil||426.8||K||N/A||Gartenmeister, 1886||Uncertainty assigned by TRC = 1.5 K|
|Tboil||419.||K||N/A||Frentzel, 1883||Uncertainty assigned by TRC = 1. K|
|Tfus||210.50||K||N/A||Bilterys and Gisseleire, 1935||Uncertainty assigned by TRC = 0.3 K|
Go To: Top, Phase change data, Notes
Nayanov, Zorin, et al., 1976
Nayanov, V.P.; Zorin, V.V.; Zlotskii, S.S.; Rakhmankulov, D.L., Identification of Cyclic Acetates and Isomeric Esters by Gas-Liquid Chromatography, Zh. Prikl. Khim. (Leningrad), 1976, 49, 2350. [all data]
Nayanov, Zorin, et al., 1975
Nayanov, V.P.; Zorin, V.V.; Zlotskii, S.S.; Terent'ev, A.B., Radical Telomerization of 1,3-Dioxolane, Zh. Prikl. Khim., 1975, 1975, 2773-6. [all data]
Bilterys and Gisseleire, 1935
Bilterys, R.; Gisseleire, J., Investigations on the Congelation Temperature of Organic Compounds, Bull. Soc. Chim. Belg., 1935, 44, 567. [all data]
Gartenmeister, R., Investigation of the physical characterstics of liquid compounds: vi boiling point and specific volume of normal fatty acid esters, Justus Liebigs Ann. Chem., 1886, 233, 249-315. [all data]
Frentzel, J., Chem. Ber., 1883, 16, 743. [all data]
Go To: Top, Phase change data, References
- Symbols used in this document:
Tboil Boiling point Tfus Fusion (melting) point
- Data from NIST Standard Reference Database 69: NIST Chemistry WebBook
- The National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST) uses its best efforts to deliver a high quality copy of the Database and to verify that the data contained therein have been selected on the basis of sound scientific judgment. However, NIST makes no warranties to that effect, and NIST shall not be liable for any damage that may result from errors or omissions in the Database.
- Customer support for NIST Standard Reference Data products.