Acetic acid, pentyl ester
- Formula: C7H14O2
- Molecular weight: 130.1849
- IUPAC Standard InChI:
- Download the identifier in a file.
- IUPAC Standard InChIKey: PGMYKACGEOXYJE-UHFFFAOYSA-N
- CAS Registry Number: 628-63-7
- Chemical structure:
This structure is also available as a 2d Mol file or as a computed 3d SD file
- Other names: n-Amyl acetate; n-Pentyl acetate; Amyl acetate; Birnenoel; Pentyl acetate; Acetic acid, amyl ester; Amyl acetic ester; Amyl acetic ether; Banana oil; Pear oil; Pent-acetate; 1-Pentanol acetate; 1-Pentyl acetate; Acetic acid n-amyl ester; n-Pentyl ethanoate; Acetate d'amyle; Amylazetat; Octan amylu; Pent-acetate 28; Amylester kyseliny octove; Primary amyl acetate; Pentyl ester of acetic acid; Acetic acid, n-pentyl ester; 1-Acetoxypentane; NSC 7923
- Permanent link for this species. Use this link for bookmarking this species for future reference.
- Information on this page:
- Other data available:
- Data at other public NIST sites:
Data at NIST subscription sites:
NIST subscription sites provide data under the NIST Standard Reference Data Program, but require an annual fee to access. The purpose of the fee is to recover costs associated with the development of data collections included in such sites. Your institution may already be a subscriber. Follow the links above to find out more about the data in these sites and their terms of usage.
Condensed phase thermochemistry data
Go To: Top, References, Notes
Data compilation copyright by the U.S. Secretary of Commerce on behalf of the U.S.A. All rights reserved.
Data compiled as indicated in comments:
ALS - Hussein Y. Afeefy, Joel F. Liebman, and Stephen E. Stein
DH - Eugene S. Domalski and Elizabeth D. Hearing
|cH°liquid||-4372.13||kJ/mol||Ccb||Rosenhain, 1906||Corresponding «DELTA»fHºliquid = -383.25 kJ/mol (simple calculation by NIST; no Washburn corrections); ALS|
Constant pressure heat capacity of liquid
|Cp,liquid (J/mol*K)||Temperature (K)||Reference||Comment|
Go To: Top, Condensed phase thermochemistry data, Notes
Rosenhain, W., The calorimetry of vlatile liquids, J. Soc. Chem. Ind., 1906, 25, 239-241. [all data]
Phillip, N.M., Adiabatic and isothermal compressibilities of liquids, Proc. Indian Acad. Sci., 1939, A9, 109-120. [all data]
Go To: Top, Condensed phase thermochemistry data, References
- Symbols used in this document:
Cp,liquid Constant pressure heat capacity of liquid cH°liquid Enthalpy of combustion of liquid at standard conditions
- Data from NIST Standard Reference Database 69: NIST Chemistry WebBook
- The National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST) uses its best efforts to deliver a high quality copy of the Database and to verify that the data contained therein have been selected on the basis of sound scientific judgment. However, NIST makes no warranties to that effect, and NIST shall not be liable for any damage that may result from errors or omissions in the Database.
- Customer support for NIST Standard Reference Data products.