- Formula: C6H11I
- Molecular weight: 210.0560
- IUPAC Standard InChI:
- Download the identifier in a file.
- IUPAC Standard InChIKey: FUCOMWZKWIEKRK-UHFFFAOYSA-N
- CAS Registry Number: 626-62-0
- Chemical structure:
This structure is also available as a 2d Mol file or as a computed 3d SD file
- Other names: Cyclohexyl iodide; Iodocyclohexane; c-C6H11I
- Permanent link for this species. Use this link for bookmarking this species for future reference.
- Information on this page:
- Other data available:
- Data at other public NIST sites:
Data at NIST subscription sites:
NIST subscription sites provide data under the NIST Standard Reference Data Program, but require an annual fee to access. The purpose of the fee is to recover costs associated with the development of data collections included in such sites. Your institution may already be a subscriber. Follow the links above to find out more about the data in these sites and their terms of usage.
Phase change data
Go To: Top, References, Notes
Data compilation copyright by the U.S. Secretary of Commerce on behalf of the U.S.A. All rights reserved.
Data compiled as indicated in comments:
BS - Robert L. Brown and Stephen E. Stein
AC - William E. Acree, Jr., James S. Chickos
ALS - Hussein Y. Afeefy, Joel F. Liebman, and Stephen E. Stein
|vapH°||48.3||kJ/mol||CGC||Chickos, Hosseini, et al., 1995||Based on data from 313. - 353. K.; AC|
|vapH°||43.1 ± 0.8||kJ/mol||V||Brennan and Ubbelohde, 1956||ALS|
Reduced pressure boiling point
|Tboil (K)||Pressure (bar)||Reference||Comment|
|353.7||0.027||Aldrich Chemical Company Inc., 1990||BS|
Enthalpy of vaporization
|vapH (kJ/mol)||Temperature (K)||Method||Reference||Comment|
|43.0||383.||A,I||Stephenson and Malanowski, 1987||Based on data from 358. - 408. K. See also Brennan and Ubbelohde, 1956, 2.; AC|
Go To: Top, Phase change data, Notes
Chickos, Hosseini, et al., 1995
Chickos, James S.; Hosseini, Sarah; Hesse, Donald G., Determination of vaporization enthalpies of simple organic molecules by correlations of changes in gas chromatographic net retention times, Thermochimica Acta, 1995, 249, 41-62, https://doi.org/10.1016/0040-6031(95)90670-3 . [all data]
Brennan and Ubbelohde, 1956
Brennan, D.; Ubbelohde, A.R., A thermochemical evaluation of bond strengths in some carbon compounds. Part IV. Bond-strength differences based on the reaction: RI + HI = RH + I2, where R = p-methoxyphenyl and cyclohexyl, J. Chem. Soc., 1956, 3011-3016. [all data]
Aldrich Chemical Company Inc., 1990
Aldrich Chemical Company Inc., Catalog Handbook of Fine Chemicals, Aldrich Chemical Company, Inc., Milwaukee WI, 1990, 1. [all data]
Stephenson and Malanowski, 1987
Stephenson, Richard M.; Malanowski, Stanislaw, Handbook of the Thermodynamics of Organic Compounds, 1987, https://doi.org/10.1007/978-94-009-3173-2 . [all data]
Brennan and Ubbelohde, 1956, 2
Brennan, D.; Ubbelohde, A.R., 584. A thermochemical evaluation of bond strengths in some carbon compounds. Part IV. Bond-strength differences based on the reaction: RI + HI ? RH + I2, where R =p-methoxyphenyl and cyclohexyl, J. Chem. Soc., 1956, 3011, https://doi.org/10.1039/jr9560003011 . [all data]
Go To: Top, Phase change data, References
- Symbols used in this document:
Tboil Boiling point vapH Enthalpy of vaporization vapH° Enthalpy of vaporization at standard conditions
- Data from NIST Standard Reference Database 69: NIST Chemistry WebBook
- The National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST) uses its best efforts to deliver a high quality copy of the Database and to verify that the data contained therein have been selected on the basis of sound scientific judgment. However, NIST makes no warranties to that effect, and NIST shall not be liable for any damage that may result from errors or omissions in the Database.
- Customer support for NIST Standard Reference Data products.