- Formula: C6H14S
- Molecular weight: 118.240
- IUPAC Standard InChI:
- Download the identifier in a file.
- IUPAC Standard InChIKey: XYWDPYKBIRQXQS-UHFFFAOYSA-N
- CAS Registry Number: 625-80-9
- Chemical structure:
This structure is also available as a 2d Mol file
- Other names: Propane, 2,2'-thiobis-; Isopropyl sulfide; 2,4-Dimethyl-3-thiapentane; 2,2'-Thiobispropane; Diisopropyl sulphide; (i-C3H7)2S
- Permanent link for this species. Use this link for bookmarking this species for future reference.
- Information on this page:
- Other data available:
Data at NIST subscription sites:
NIST subscription sites provide data under the NIST Standard Reference Data Program, but require an annual fee to access. The purpose of the fee is to recover costs associated with the development of data collections included in such sites. Your institution may already be a subscriber. Follow the links above to find out more about the data in these sites and their terms of usage.
Condensed phase thermochemistry data
Go To: Top, References, Notes
Data compiled as indicated in comments:
ALS - Hussein Y. Afeefy, Joel F. Liebman, and Stephen E. Stein
DH - Eugene S. Domalski and Elizabeth D. Hearing
|fH°liquid||-181.1 ± 0.96||kJ/mol||Ccr||Good, 1972||ALS|
|fH°liquid||-182. ± 2.||kJ/mol||Ccb||Mackle and Mayrick, 1962||ALS|
|cH°liquid||-4782.77 ± 0.84||kJ/mol||Ccr||Good, 1972||Reanalyzed by Pedley, Naylor, et al., 1986, Original value = -4782.48 ± 0.84 kJ/mol; ALS|
|cH°liquid||-4781.7 ± 2.0||kJ/mol||Ccb||Mackle and Mayrick, 1962||ALS|
|S°liquid||313.05||J/mol*K||N/A||Messerly and Todd, 1967||DH|
Constant pressure heat capacity of liquid
|Cp,liquid (J/mol*K)||Temperature (K)||Reference||Comment|
|232.00||298.15||Messerly and Todd, 1967||T = 10 to 390 K.; DH|
Go To: Top, Condensed phase thermochemistry data, Notes
Good, W.D., Enthalpies of combustion of 18 organic sulfur compounds related to petroleum, J. Chem. Eng. Data, 1972, 17, 158-162. [all data]
Mackle and Mayrick, 1962
Mackle, H.; Mayrick, R.G., Studies in the thermochemistry of organic sulphides. Part 2. The gas-phase heats of formation of ten aliphatic sulphides, Trans. Faraday Soc., 1962, 58, 230-237. [all data]
Pedley, Naylor, et al., 1986
Pedley, J.B.; Naylor, R.D.; Kirby, S.P., Thermochemical Data of Organic Compounds, Chapman and Hall, New York, 1986, 1-792. [all data]
Messerly and Todd, 1967
Messerly, J.F.; Todd, S.S., and Guthrie, G.B.Jr, Low-temperature thermal properties of cyclohexanethiol and 2,4-dimethyl-3-thiapentane, J. Chem. Eng. Data, 1967, 12, 426-429. [all data]
Go To: Top, Condensed phase thermochemistry data, References
- Symbols used in this document:
Cp,liquid Constant pressure heat capacity of liquid S°liquid Entropy of liquid at standard conditions cH°liquid Enthalpy of combustion of liquid at standard conditions fH°liquid Enthalpy of formation of liquid at standard conditions
- Data from NIST Standard Reference Database 69: NIST Chemistry WebBook
- The National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST) uses its best efforts to deliver a high quality copy of the Database and to verify that the data contained therein have been selected on the basis of sound scientific judgment. However, NIST makes no warranties to that effect, and NIST shall not be liable for any damage that may result from errors or omissions in the Database.
- Customer support for NIST Standard Reference Data products.