- Formula: C6H14S
- Molecular weight: 118.240
- IUPAC Standard InChI:
- Download the identifier in a file.
- IUPAC Standard InChIKey: XYWDPYKBIRQXQS-UHFFFAOYSA-N
- CAS Registry Number: 625-80-9
- Chemical structure:
This structure is also available as a 2d Mol file
- Other names: Propane, 2,2'-thiobis-; Isopropyl sulfide; 2,4-Dimethyl-3-thiapentane; 2,2'-Thiobispropane; Diisopropyl sulphide; (i-C3H7)2S
- Permanent link for this species. Use this link for bookmarking this species for future reference.
- Information on this page:
- Other data available:
Data at NIST subscription sites:
NIST subscription sites provide data under the NIST Standard Reference Data Program, but require an annual fee to access. The purpose of the fee is to recover costs associated with the development of data collections included in such sites. Your institution may already be a subscriber. Follow the links above to find out more about the data in these sites and their terms of usage.
Gas phase thermochemistry data
Go To: Top, References, Notes
Data compiled by: Hussein Y. Afeefy, Joel F. Liebman, and Stephen E. Stein
|fH°gas||-142.0 ± 1.3||kJ/mol||Ccr||Good, 1972||Reanalyzed by Pedley, Naylor, et al., 1986, Original value = -141.5 ± 1.0 kJ/mol|
|fH°gas||-141.5||kJ/mol||Ccb||Scott and Crowder, 1967||Corrected for Sulfer|
|fH°gas||-143. ± 3.||kJ/mol||Ccb||Mackle and Mayrick, 1962|
Go To: Top, Gas phase thermochemistry data, Notes
Good, W.D., Enthalpies of combustion of 18 organic sulfur compounds related to petroleum, J. Chem. Eng. Data, 1972, 17, 158-162. [all data]
Pedley, Naylor, et al., 1986
Pedley, J.B.; Naylor, R.D.; Kirby, S.P., Thermochemical Data of Organic Compounds, Chapman and Hall, New York, 1986, 1-792. [all data]
Scott and Crowder, 1967
Scott, D.W.; Crowder, G.A., Cyclohexanethiol and 2,4-dimethyl-3-thiapentane: Molecular vibrations, conformational analyses, and chemical thermodynamic properties, J. Chem. Phys., 1967, 46, 1054-1062. [all data]
Mackle and Mayrick, 1962
Mackle, H.; Mayrick, R.G., Studies in the thermochemistry of organic sulphides. Part 2. The gas-phase heats of formation of ten aliphatic sulphides, Trans. Faraday Soc., 1962, 58, 230-237. [all data]
Go To: Top, Gas phase thermochemistry data, References
- Symbols used in this document:
fH°gas Enthalpy of formation of gas at standard conditions
- Data from NIST Standard Reference Database 69: NIST Chemistry WebBook
- Customer support for NIST Standard Reference Data products.