- Formula: C6H12O2
- Molecular weight: 116.1583
- IUPAC Standard InChI:
- Download the identifier in a file.
- IUPAC Standard InChIKey: HNBDRPTVWVGKBR-UHFFFAOYSA-N
- CAS Registry Number: 624-24-8
- Chemical structure:
This structure is also available as a 2d Mol file
- Other names: Pentanoic acid, methyl ester; Valeric acid, methyl ester; Methyl n-valerate; Methyl pentanoate; Methyl valerianate; CH3(CH2)3COOCH3; n-Valeric acid methyl ester; Methyl ester of pentanoic acid
- Permanent link for this species. Use this link for bookmarking this species for future reference.
- Information on this page:
- Other data available:
- Data at other public NIST sites:
Data at NIST subscription sites:
NIST subscription sites provide data under the NIST Standard Reference Data Program, but require an annual fee to access. The purpose of the fee is to recover costs associated with the development of data collections included in such sites. Your institution may already be a subscriber. Follow the links above to find out more about the data in these sites and their terms of usage.
Kovats' RI, non-polar column, custom temperature program
Go To: Top, References, Notes
Data compiled by: NIST Mass Spectrometry Data Center, William E. Wallace, director
|Column length (m)|
|Column diameter (mm)|
|Phase thickness (m)|
|Reference||Chretien and Dubois, 1978|
Go To: Top, Kovats' RI, non-polar column, custom temperature program, Notes
Chretien and Dubois, 1978
Chretien, J.R.; Dubois, J-E., Topological Analysis: A Technique for the Physico-Chemical Exploitation of Retention Data in Gas-Liquid Chromatography, J. Chromatogr., 1978, 158, 43-56, https://doi.org/10.1016/S0021-9673(00)89954-9 . [all data]
Go To: Top, Kovats' RI, non-polar column, custom temperature program, References
- Data from NIST Standard Reference Database 69: NIST Chemistry WebBook
- Customer support for NIST Standard Reference Data products.