- Formula: C6H12O2
- Molecular weight: 116.1583
- IUPAC Standard InChI:
- Download the identifier in a file.
- IUPAC Standard InChIKey: HNBDRPTVWVGKBR-UHFFFAOYSA-N
- CAS Registry Number: 624-24-8
- Chemical structure:
This structure is also available as a 2d Mol file
- Other names: Pentanoic acid, methyl ester; Valeric acid, methyl ester; Methyl n-valerate; Methyl pentanoate; Methyl valerianate; CH3(CH2)3COOCH3; n-Valeric acid methyl ester; Methyl ester of pentanoic acid
- Permanent link for this species. Use this link for bookmarking this species for future reference.
- Information on this page:
- Other data available:
- Data at other public NIST sites:
Data at NIST subscription sites:
NIST subscription sites provide data under the NIST Standard Reference Data Program, but require an annual fee to access. The purpose of the fee is to recover costs associated with the development of data collections included in such sites. Your institution may already be a subscriber. Follow the links above to find out more about the data in these sites and their terms of usage.
Normal boiling point
Go To: Top, References, Notes
Data compilation copyright by the U.S. Secretary of Commerce on behalf of the U.S.A. All rights reserved.
Data compiled as indicated in comments:
BS - Robert L. Brown and Stephen E. Stein
TRC - Thermodynamics Research Center, NIST Boulder Laboratories, Kenneth Kroenlein director
|401.2||Aldrich Chemical Company Inc., 1990||BS|
|399.7||Weast and Grasselli, 1989||BS|
|401.05||Hancock, Watson, et al., 1954||Uncertainty assigned by TRC = 0.4 K; TRC|
|400.5||Gill and Dexter, 1934||Uncertainty assigned by TRC = 1. K; TRC|
|458.3||Gartenmeister, 1886||Uncertainty assigned by TRC = 2. K; TRC|
|389.||Schiff, 1884||Uncertainty assigned by TRC = 2. K; TRC|
Go To: Top, Normal boiling point, Notes
Aldrich Chemical Company Inc., 1990
Aldrich Chemical Company Inc., Catalog Handbook of Fine Chemicals, Aldrich Chemical Company, Inc., Milwaukee WI, 1990, 1. [all data]
Weast and Grasselli, 1989
CRC Handbook of Data on Organic Compounds, 2nd Editon, Weast,R.C and Grasselli, J.G., ed(s)., CRC Press, Inc., Boca Raton, FL, 1989, 1. [all data]
Hancock, Watson, et al., 1954
Hancock, C.K.; Watson, G.M.; Gilby, R.F., Heats of Combustion of Five-Carbon Fatty Acids and Their Methyl and Ethyl Esters, J. Phys. Chem., 1954, 58, 127. [all data]
Gill and Dexter, 1934
Gill, A.H.; Dexter, F.P., Ind. Eng. Chem., 1934, 26, 881. [all data]
Gartenmeister, R., Investigation of the physical characterstics of liquid compounds: vi boiling point and specific volume of normal fatty acid esters, Justus Liebigs Ann. Chem., 1886, 233, 249-315. [all data]
Schiff, R., The Capillary Constants of Liquids at Their Boiling Point, Justus Liebigs Ann. Chem., 1884, 223, 47-106. [all data]
Go To: Top, Normal boiling point, References
- Symbols used in this document:
Tboil Boiling point
- Data from NIST Standard Reference Database 69: NIST Chemistry WebBook
- The National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST) uses its best efforts to deliver a high quality copy of the Database and to verify that the data contained therein have been selected on the basis of sound scientific judgment. However, NIST makes no warranties to that effect, and NIST shall not be liable for any damage that may result from errors or omissions in the Database.
- Customer support for NIST Standard Reference Data products.