- Formula: C8H10O
- Molecular weight: 122.1644
- IUPAC Standard InChI:
- Download the identifier in a file.
- IUPAC Standard InChIKey: HMNKTRSOROOSPP-UHFFFAOYSA-N
- CAS Registry Number: 620-17-7
- Chemical structure:
This structure is also available as a 2d Mol file
- Other names: Phenol, m-ethyl-; m-Ethylphenol; 1-Ethyl-3-hydroxybenzene; 3-Ethylphenol; 1-Hydroxy-3-ethylbenzene
- Permanent link for this species. Use this link for bookmarking this species for future reference.
- Information on this page:
- Other data available:
- Data at other public NIST sites:
Data at NIST subscription sites:
NIST subscription sites provide data under the NIST Standard Reference Data Program, but require an annual fee to access. The purpose of the fee is to recover costs associated with the development of data collections included in such sites. Your institution may already be a subscriber. Follow the links above to find out more about the data in these sites and their terms of usage.
Kovats' RI, non-polar column, isothermal
Go To: Top, References, Notes
Data compilation copyright by the U.S. Secretary of Commerce on behalf of the U.S.A. All rights reserved.
Data compiled by: NIST Mass Spectrometry Data Center, William E. Wallace, director
|Column length (m)||30.||25.||25.||25.||50.|
|Column diameter (mm)||0.25||0.2||0.2||0.2||0.30|
|Phase thickness (m)||0.5||0.33||0.33||0.33||0.25|
|Reference||Berezkin, Popova, et al., 1997||Zhang, Chen, et al., 1997||Zhang, Chen, et al., 1997||Zhang, Chen, et al., 1997||Engewald, Billing, et al., 1988|
|Active phase||Methyl Silicone|
|Column length (m)|
|Column diameter (mm)|
|Phase thickness (m)|
|Reference||Radecki, Grzybowski, et al., 1979|
Go To: Top, Kovats' RI, non-polar column, isothermal, Notes
Berezkin, Popova, et al., 1997
Berezkin, V.G.; Popova, T.P.; Shiryayeva, V.Ye.; Nomura, N., Gas-chromatographic separation of monoalkylphenols on polar and non-polar phases by means of capillary chromatography, Pet. Chem. USSR (Engl. Transl.), 1997, 37, 2, 161-167. [all data]
Zhang, Chen, et al., 1997
Zhang, M.; Chen, B.; Shen, S.; Chen, S., Compositional studies of high-temperature coal tar by g.c.-FT-i.r. analysis of middle oil fractions, Fuel, 1997, 76, 5, 415-423, https://doi.org/10.1016/S0016-2361(97)85518-4 . [all data]
Engewald, Billing, et al., 1988
Engewald, W.; Billing, U.; Topalova, I.; Petsev, N., Structure-retention correlations of alkylphenols in gas-liquid and gas-solid chromatography, J. Chromatogr., 1988, 446, 71-77, https://doi.org/10.1016/S0021-9673(00)94419-4 . [all data]
Radecki, Grzybowski, et al., 1979
Radecki, A.; Grzybowski, J.; Lamparczyk, H.; Nasal, A., Relationships between retention indices and substituent constants of phenols on polar stationary phases, J. Hi. Res. Chromatogr. Chromatogr. Comm., 1979, 2, 9, 581-582, https://doi.org/10.1002/jhrc.1240020911 . [all data]
Go To: Top, Kovats' RI, non-polar column, isothermal, References
- Data from NIST Standard Reference Database 69: NIST Chemistry WebBook
- The National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST) uses its best efforts to deliver a high quality copy of the Database and to verify that the data contained therein have been selected on the basis of sound scientific judgment. However, NIST makes no warranties to that effect, and NIST shall not be liable for any damage that may result from errors or omissions in the Database.
- Customer support for NIST Standard Reference Data products.