Benzoyl chloride, 3-chloro-
- Formula: C7H4Cl2O
- Molecular weight: 175.012
- IUPAC Standard InChI:
- Download the identifier in a file.
- IUPAC Standard InChIKey: WHIHIKVIWVIIER-UHFFFAOYSA-N
- CAS Registry Number: 618-46-2
- Chemical structure:
This structure is also available as a 2d Mol file or as a computed 3d SD file
- Other names: Benzoyl chloride, m-chloro-; m-Chlorobenzoyl chloride; 3-Chlorobenzoyl chloride
- Permanent link for this species. Use this link for bookmarking this species for future reference.
- Information on this page:
- Other data available:
Data at NIST subscription sites:
Reaction thermochemistry data
Go To: Top, References, Notes
Data compiled by: Hussein Y. Afeefy, Joel F. Liebman, and Stephen E. Stein
Note: Please consider using the reaction search for this species. This page allows searching of all reactions involving this species. A general reaction search form is also available. Future versions of this site may rely on reaction search pages in place of the enumerated reaction displays seen below.
+ = +
By formula: C7H4Cl2O + H2O = C7H5ClO2 + HCl
|rH°||-41.1 ± 0.3||kJ/mol||Cm||Moselhy and Pritchard, 1975||liquid phase; solvent: Diphenyl-ether|
Go To: Top, Reaction thermochemistry data, Notes
Moselhy and Pritchard, 1975
Moselhy, G.M.; Pritchard, H.O., The thermochemistry of the chloro-benzoyl chlorides, J. Chem. Thermodyn., 1975, 7, 977-982. [all data]
Go To: Top, Reaction thermochemistry data, References
- Symbols used in this document:
rH° Enthalpy of reaction at standard conditions
- Data from NIST Standard Reference Database 69: NIST Chemistry WebBook
- Customer support for NIST Standard Reference Data products.