- Formula: C5H7N
- Molecular weight: 81.1158
- IUPAC Standard InChI:
- Download the identifier in a file.
- IUPAC Standard InChIKey: FEKWWZCCJDUWLY-UHFFFAOYSA-N
- CAS Registry Number: 616-43-3
- Chemical structure:
This structure is also available as a 2d Mol file
- Other names: Pyrrole, 3-methyl-; 3-Methylpyrrole; 3-methyl-1H-pyrrole
- Permanent link for this species. Use this link for bookmarking this species for future reference.
- Information on this page:
- Other data available:
Data at NIST subscription sites:
NIST subscription sites provide data under the NIST Standard Reference Data Program, but require an annual fee to access. The purpose of the fee is to recover costs associated with the development of data collections included in such sites. Your institution may already be a subscriber. Follow the links above to find out more about the data in these sites and their terms of usage.
Phase change data
Go To: Top, References, Notes
Data compiled by: Thermodynamics Research Center, NIST Boulder Laboratories, Chris Muzny, director
|Tboil||416.||K||N/A||Cornforth and Ming-hui, 1990||Uncertainty assigned by TRC = 1.5 K|
|Tboil||416.||K||N/A||Cornforth and Firth, 1958||Uncertainty assigned by TRC = 2. K|
|Tfus||224.75||K||N/A||Lanum and Morris, 1969||Uncertainty assigned by TRC = 0.3 K|
Go To: Top, Phase change data, Notes
Cornforth and Ming-hui, 1990
Cornforth, S.J.; Ming-hui, D., Syntheses of 3-methylpyrrole via methyl-4-methylpyrrole-2-carboxylate. A thermal oxazolone-pyrone rearrangement., J. Chem. Soc., Perkin Trans. 1, 1990, 1459. [all data]
Cornforth and Firth, 1958
Cornforth, J.W.; Firth, M.E., Identification of two chromogens in the elson-morgan determination of hexosamines. A new synthesis of 3-methylpyrrole. Structure of the "pyrrolene-phthalides"., J. Chem. Soc., 1958, 1091. [all data]
Lanum and Morris, 1969
Lanum, W.J.; Morris, J.C., Physical Properties of Some Sulfur and Nitrogen Compounds, J. Chem. Eng. Data, 1969, 14, 93-8. [all data]
Go To: Top, Phase change data, References
- Symbols used in this document:
Tboil Boiling point Tfus Fusion (melting) point
- Data from NIST Standard Reference Database 69: NIST Chemistry WebBook
- Customer support for NIST Standard Reference Data products.