- Formula: C11H17N
- Molecular weight: 163.2594
- IUPAC Standard InChI:
- Download the identifier in a file.
- IUPAC Standard InChIKey: HKJNHYJTVPWVGV-UHFFFAOYSA-N
- CAS Registry Number: 613-48-9
- Chemical structure:
This structure is also available as a 2d Mol file or as a computed 3d SD file
- Other names: p-Toluidine, N,N-diethyl-; p-Methyl-N,N-diethylaniline; N,N-Diethyl-p-toluidine; N,N-Diethyl-4-methylaniline; 4-(Diethylamino)toluene; 4-Methyl-N,N-diethylbenzenamine; N,N-Diethyl-4-toluidine
- Permanent link for this species. Use this link for bookmarking this species for future reference.
- Information on this page:
- Other data available:
Gas phase ion energetics data
Go To: Top, References, Notes
Data compilation copyright by the U.S. Secretary of Commerce on behalf of the U.S.A. All rights reserved.
Data evaluated as indicated in comments:
HL - Edward P. Hunter and Sharon G. Lias
Data compiled as indicated in comments:
LBLHLM - Sharon G. Lias, John E. Bartmess, Joel F. Liebman, John L. Holmes, Rhoda D. Levin, and W. Gary Mallard
RDSH - Henry M. Rosenstock, Keith Draxl, Bruce W. Steiner, and John T. Herron
|Proton affinity (review)||230.1||kcal/mol||N/A||Hunter and Lias, 1998||HL|
|Gas basicity||222.5||kcal/mol||N/A||Hunter and Lias, 1998||HL|
Ionization energy determinations
|6.84||EQ||Lias, Jackson, et al., 1985||LBLHLM|
|6.81 ± 0.05||EQ||Mautner(Meot-Ner), Nelsen, et al., 1984||LBLHLM|
|6.93||CTS||Farrell and Newton, 1965||RDSH|
Go To: Top, Gas phase ion energetics data, Notes
Hunter and Lias, 1998
Hunter, E.P.; Lias, S.G., Evaluated Gas Phase Basicities and Proton Affinities of Molecules: An Update, J. Phys. Chem. Ref. Data, 1998, 27, 3, 413-656, https://doi.org/10.1063/1.556018 . [all data]
Lias, Jackson, et al., 1985
Lias, S.G.; Jackson, J.-A.A.; Argentar, H.; Liebman, J.F., Substituted N,N-dialkylanilines: Relative ionization energies and proton affinities through determinations of ion-molecule reaction equilibrium constants, J. Org. Chem., 1985, 50, 333. [all data]
Mautner(Meot-Ner), Nelsen, et al., 1984
Mautner(Meot-Ner), M.; Nelsen, S.F.; Willi, M.R.; Frigo, T.B., Special effects of an unusually large neutral to radical cation geometry change. Adiabatic ionization energies and proton affinities of alkylhydrazines, J. Am. Chem. Soc., 1984, 106, 7384. [all data]
Farrell and Newton, 1965
Farrell, P.G.; Newton, J., Ionization potentials of aromatic amines, J. Phys. Chem., 1965, 69, 3506. [all data]
Go To: Top, Gas phase ion energetics data, References
- Data from NIST Standard Reference Database 69: NIST Chemistry WebBook
- The National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST) uses its best efforts to deliver a high quality copy of the Database and to verify that the data contained therein have been selected on the basis of sound scientific judgment. However, NIST makes no warranties to that effect, and NIST shall not be liable for any damage that may result from errors or omissions in the Database.
- Customer support for NIST Standard Reference Data products.