(E)-9-Octadecenoic acid ethyl ester
- Formula: C20H38O2
- Molecular weight: 310.5145
- IUPAC Standard InChI:
- Download the identifier in a file.
- IUPAC Standard InChIKey: LVGKNOAMLMIIKO-VAWYXSNFSA-N
- CAS Registry Number: 6114-18-7
- Chemical structure:
This structure is also available as a 2d Mol file or as a computed 3d SD file
- Other names: 9-Octadecenoic acid, ethyl ester, (E)-; Ethyl 9-octadecenoate, (E)-; Ethyl (9E)-9-octadecenoate; Elaidic acid, ethyl ester; Ethyl elaidate; trans-9-Octadecenoic acid, ethyl ester
- Permanent link for this species. Use this link for bookmarking this species for future reference.
- Information on this page:
- Other data available:
Data at NIST subscription sites:
NIST subscription sites provide data under the NIST Standard Reference Data Program, but require an annual fee to access. The purpose of the fee is to recover costs associated with the development of data collections included in such sites. Your institution may already be a subscriber. Follow the links above to find out more about the data in these sites and their terms of usage.
Condensed phase thermochemistry data
Go To: Top, References, Notes
Data compiled by: Hussein Y. Afeefy, Joel F. Liebman, and Stephen E. Stein
|cH°liquid||-2994.2 ± 2.9||kcal/mol||Ccb||Keffler, 1937||Reanalyzed by Cox and Pilcher, 1970, Original value = -2988.9 kcal/mol; See Keffler and McLean, 1935; Corresponding «DELTA»fHºliquid = -184.81 kcal/mol (simple calculation by NIST; no Washburn corrections)|
Go To: Top, Condensed phase thermochemistry data, Notes
Keffler, L.J.P., Homology and isomerism in long-chain compounds. I. A thermochemical study of the n-alkyl esters derived from the monoethylenic monocarboxylic acids in C18, J. Phys. Chem., 1937, 41, 715-721. [all data]
Cox and Pilcher, 1970
Cox, J.D.; Pilcher, G., Thermochemistry of Organic and Organometallic Compounds, Academic Press, New York, 1970, 1-636. [all data]
Keffler and McLean, 1935
Keffler, L.; McLean, J.H., Homology in long-chain compounds, I. Oleic acid and the n-alkul oleates, J. Soc. Chem. Ind., 1935, 178-185. [all data]
Go To: Top, Condensed phase thermochemistry data, References
- Symbols used in this document:
cH°liquid Enthalpy of combustion of liquid at standard conditions
- Data from NIST Standard Reference Database 69: NIST Chemistry WebBook
- Customer support for NIST Standard Reference Data products.