- Formula: C6H10O6
- Molecular weight: 178.1400
- IUPAC Standard InChI:
- Download the identifier in a file.
- IUPAC Standard InChIKey: PVRATXCXJDHJJN-UHFFFAOYSA-N
- CAS Registry Number: 608-69-5
- Chemical structure:
This structure is also available as a 2d Mol file
- Permanent link for this species. Use this link for bookmarking this species for future reference.
- Information on this page:
- Other data available:
Data at NIST subscription sites:
NIST subscription sites provide data under the NIST Standard Reference Data Program, but require an annual fee to access. The purpose of the fee is to recover costs associated with the development of data collections included in such sites. Your institution may already be a subscriber. Follow the links above to find out more about the data in these sites and their terms of usage.
Phase change data
Go To: Top, References, Notes
Data compilation copyright by the U.S. Secretary of Commerce on behalf of the U.S.A. All rights reserved.
Data compiled as indicated in comments:
TRC - Thermodynamics Research Center, NIST Boulder Laboratories, Chris Muzny, director
AC - William E. Acree, Jr., James S. Chickos
|Tfus||360.||K||N/A||Tammann, 1914||Uncertainty assigned by TRC = 1. K; TRC|
Enthalpy of vaporization
|vapH (kJ/mol)||Temperature (K)||Method||Reference||Comment|
|62.5||388.||A||Stephenson and Malanowski, 1987||Based on data from 373. - 555. K. See also Stull, 1947.; AC|
Enthalpy of sublimation
|subH (kJ/mol)||Temperature (K)||Method||Reference||Comment|
|112. ± 5.6||326.||HSA||Chickos, Garin, et al., 1981||Based on data from 314. - 339. K.; AC|
|113.8||336.||ME||Crowell and Jones, 1954||Based on data from 315. - 358. K. See also Pedley and Rylance, 1977.; AC|
Enthalpy of fusion
|fusH (kJ/mol)||Temperature (K)||Method||Reference||Comment|
|26.94||360.2||DTA||Chickos, Garin, et al., 1981||See also Chickos, Braton, et al., 1991.; AC|
Go To: Top, Phase change data, Notes
Tammann, G., Z. Phys. Chem., Stoechiom. Verwandtschaftsl., 1914, 87, 357. [all data]
Stephenson and Malanowski, 1987
Stephenson, Richard M.; Malanowski, Stanislaw, Handbook of the Thermodynamics of Organic Compounds, 1987, https://doi.org/10.1007/978-94-009-3173-2 . [all data]
Stull, Daniel R., Vapor Pressure of Pure Substances. Organic and Inorganic Compounds, Ind. Eng. Chem., 1947, 39, 4, 517-540, https://doi.org/10.1021/ie50448a022 . [all data]
Chickos, Garin, et al., 1981
Chickos, J.S.; Garin, D.L.; Hitt, M.; Schilling, G., Some solid state properties of enantiomers and their racemates, Tetrahedron, 1981, 37, 12, 2255-2259, https://doi.org/10.1016/S0040-4020(01)97981-5 . [all data]
Crowell and Jones, 1954
Crowell, Thomas I.; Jones, G.L., The Vapor Pressures d- and dl-Dimethyl Tartrate, J. Phys. Chem., 1954, 58, 8, 666-667, https://doi.org/10.1021/j150518a016 . [all data]
Pedley and Rylance, 1977
Pedley, J.B.; Rylance, J., , Computer Analysed Thermochemical Data: Organic and Organometallic Compounds, University of Sussex, Brighton, 1977. [all data]
Chickos, Braton, et al., 1991
Chickos, James S.; Braton, C. Marie; Hesse, Donald G.; Liebman, Joel F., Estimating entropies and enthalpies of fusion of organic compounds, J. Org. Chem., 1991, 56, 3, 927-938, https://doi.org/10.1021/jo00003a007 . [all data]
Go To: Top, Phase change data, References
- Symbols used in this document:
Tfus Fusion (melting) point fusH Enthalpy of fusion subH Enthalpy of sublimation vapH Enthalpy of vaporization
- Data from NIST Standard Reference Database 69: NIST Chemistry WebBook
- The National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST) uses its best efforts to deliver a high quality copy of the Database and to verify that the data contained therein have been selected on the basis of sound scientific judgment. However, NIST makes no warranties to that effect, and NIST shall not be liable for any damage that may result from errors or omissions in the Database.
- Customer support for NIST Standard Reference Data products.