- Formula: C7H6N2O4
- Molecular weight: 182.1335
- IUPAC Standard InChI:
- Download the identifier in a file.
- IUPAC Standard InChIKey: XTRDKALNCIHHNI-UHFFFAOYSA-N
- CAS Registry Number: 606-20-2
- Chemical structure:
This structure is also available as a 2d Mol file or as a computed 3d SD file
- Other names: Toluene, 2,6-dinitro-; 2,6-Dinitrotoluene; 2,6-Dnt; 1-Methyl-2,6-dinitrobenzene; Rcra waste number U106; 2-Methyl-1,3-dinitro-benzene
- Permanent link for this species. Use this link for bookmarking this species for future reference.
- Information on this page:
- Other data available:
Data at NIST subscription sites:
NIST subscription sites provide data under the NIST Standard Reference Data Program, but require an annual fee to access. The purpose of the fee is to recover costs associated with the development of data collections included in such sites. Your institution may already be a subscriber. Follow the links above to find out more about the data in these sites and their terms of usage.
Go To: Top, References, Notes
Data compiled by: Timothy J. Johnson, Tanya L. Myers, Yin-Fong Su, Russell G. Tonkyn, Molly Rose K. Kelly-Gorham, and Tyler O. Danby
Condensed Phase Spectrum
Select a region with data to zoom. Select a region with no data or click the mouse on the plot to revert to the orginal display.
The following components were used in generating the plot:
- jQuery UI
- Plugins for Flot:
Use or mention of technologies or programs in this web site is not intended to imply recommendation or endorsement by the National Institute of Standards and Technology, nor is it intended to imply that these items are necessarily the best available for the purpose.
View image of digitized spectrum (can be printed in landscape orientation).
Download spectrum in JCAMP-DX format.
Detailed documentation for this spectrum is available.
Particle size distribution data for this spectrum is available.
|Origin||Pacific Northwest National Laboratory Under IARPA Contract|
|Instrument||Bruker IR Cube FTIR|
|External diffuse reflectance accessory||A 562-G integrating sphere|
|Beam splitter||Ge on KBr|
|Diameter of detector port in sphere||2×2 mm, 60° field of view MCT|
|Sphere diameter||75 mm|
|Acquisition mode||double-sided, forward-backward|
|Scanner velocity||40 kHz|
|Spectral range||7,500 to 600 cm-1 saved; 7500 to 600 cm-1 reported|
|Spectral resolution||4 cm-1|
|Wavenumber accuracy||± 0.4 cm-1|
|Apodization function||Blackman-Harris 3-term|
|Switch gain on||512 points|
Go To: Top, Infrared Spectrum, Notes
No reference data available.
Go To: Top, Infrared Spectrum, References
- Data from NIST Standard Reference Database 69: NIST Chemistry WebBook
- Customer support for NIST Standard Reference Data products.