9,12-Octadecadienoic acid (Z,Z)-
- Formula: C18H32O2
- Molecular weight: 280.4455
- IUPAC Standard InChI:
- Download the identifier in a file.
- IUPAC Standard InChIKey: OYHQOLUKZRVURQ-HZJYTTRNSA-N
- CAS Registry Number: 60-33-3
- Chemical structure:
This structure is also available as a 2d Mol file or as a computed 3d SD file
- Other names: cis-9,cis-12-Octadecadienoic acid; cis,cis-Linoleic acid; Grape seed oil; Linoleic; Linoleic acid; Linolic acid; Polylin No. 515; Telfairic acid; Unifac 6550; 9,12-Octadecadienoic acid, cis,cis-; Leinoleic acid; 9,12-Linoleic acid; cis,cis-9,12-Octadecadienoic acid; Emersol 310; Emersol 315; Vespula pensylvanica b708568k063; 9-(Z), 12-(Z)-Octadecadienoic acid; Acide linoleique; Octadeca-9,12-dienoic acid, (cis,cis)-; (Z,Z)-9,12-Octadecadienoic acid; (Z,Z)-Octadeca-9, 12-dienoic acid; 9,12-Octadecadienoic acid (9Z,12Z)-; 9-cis,12-cis-Linoleic acid; 9Z,12Z-Linoleic acid; all-cis-9,12-Octadecadienoic acid; cis-«DELTA»9,12-Octadecadienoic acid; Extra Linoleic 90; Polylin 515; 9,12-Octadecadienoic acid; Pamolyn 125 (Salt/Mix)
- Permanent link for this species. Use this link for bookmarking this species for future reference.
- Information on this page:
- Other data available:
Data at NIST subscription sites:
NIST subscription sites provide data under the NIST Standard Reference Data Program, but require an annual fee to access. The purpose of the fee is to recover costs associated with the development of data collections included in such sites. Your institution may already be a subscriber. Follow the links above to find out more about the data in these sites and their terms of usage.
Reaction thermochemistry data
Go To: Top, References, Notes
Data compilation copyright by the U.S. Secretary of Commerce on behalf of the U.S.A. All rights reserved.
Data compiled by: Hussein Y. Afeefy, Joel F. Liebman, and Stephen E. Stein
Note: Please consider using the reaction search for this species. This page allows searching of all reactions involving this species. A general reaction search form is also available. Future versions of this site may rely on reaction search pages in place of the enumerated reaction displays seen below.
2 + =
By formula: 2H2 + C18H32O2 = C18H36O2
|rH°||-60.80 ± 0.36||kcal/mol||Chyd||Rogers, Hoyte, et al., 1978||liquid phase; solvent: Hexane|
Go To: Top, Reaction thermochemistry data, Notes
Rogers, Hoyte, et al., 1978
Rogers, D.W.; Hoyte, O.P.A.; Ho, R.K.C., Heats of hydrogenation of large molecules. Part 2. Six unsaturated and polyunsaturated fatty acids, J. Chem. Soc. Faraday Trans. 1, 1978, 74, 46-52. [all data]
Go To: Top, Reaction thermochemistry data, References
- Symbols used in this document:
rH° Enthalpy of reaction at standard conditions
- Data from NIST Standard Reference Database 69: NIST Chemistry WebBook
- The National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST) uses its best efforts to deliver a high quality copy of the Database and to verify that the data contained therein have been selected on the basis of sound scientific judgment. However, NIST makes no warranties to that effect, and NIST shall not be liable for any damage that may result from errors or omissions in the Database.
- Customer support for NIST Standard Reference Data products.